Discuss Belfast- downlighters broken - bulbs checked & fine - transformer or dimmer at fault? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

bonzo1

Hello folks,

First post so apologies if im sounding thick.

7 downlighters in our hall. Replaced two bulbs two days ago. Yesterday turned them on and they flashed off immediately.

Checked consumer unit and nothing wrong.

Checked bulbs this morning in another light and they are all 100%.

We have a dimmer switch which stopped being able to dim 2 years ago. It still switched the lights on and off so we didnt change it. Could it perhaps be this that is at fault?

The only other thing I can think of is the transformer.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: downlighters not working - bulbs checked & fine - transformer or dimmer at fault?

could be dimmer. could be a poor connection, or a number of things. if you post your location, one of us may be close enough to pop round and sort it out.

Re: downlighters not working - bulbs checked & fine - transformer or dimmer at fault?

could be dimmer. could be a poor connection, or a number of things. if you post your location, one of us may be close enough to pop round and sort it out.

Hi, thanks for your reply.

Im in Belfast, Northern Ireland. City Centre.

Cheers

1 or 2 members in belfast, notably sintra. stick around. you might not get any more responses till after working hours.

Cheers for that. Ill check back throughout the day

Re: Belfast- downlighters broken - bulbs checked & fine - transformer or dimmer at fa

Anybody local able to assist? Otherwise im certain to electrocute myself...

Re: Belfast- downlighters broken - bulbs checked & fine - transformer or dimmer at fa

7 Down lighters : 50w is the old dimmer able to use 7x50w or they less, could be dimmer blown or transformer, also you fitted LEDs you may need to fit a Driver depending on LEDs, and the dimmer may also be incompatible.

Been to a few of these where the LEDs are glowing ROFL when its off, night time looks
spoooookey..

Reply to Belfast- downlighters broken - bulbs checked & fine - transformer or dimmer at fault? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net