Discuss Best type of lighting in stables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Percyprod

-
Esteemed
Reaction score
I have built a stable block consisting of two stables and a store. I have applied to have mains electricity installed, and as part p won't apply Iwill be wiring them myself. My question is do led strip lights have as much shadow as led floods. I have been using 12 volt floods, which are great but do cast shadows. I was thinking of fitting weather proof led strip lights, hoping they would be similar to the florescent strip lights. Any ideas?

Just the info I wanted, didn't want to fork out on lights that were no better than the floods. I have a couple of 30 watt led floods at home, andthey are great, but do cast a shadow, which doesn't matter so much there. Thanks for your help.

also, depends on the height of the roof/ceiling. if horse can reach to headbutt the fittings they will break.

Will you be testing and certifiying the install once complete?

Depending on what gets stored , furry critters like out of way places to scurry / ease access ... inspect any other plastics about for damage .
(Don't give Roland an easy route/
nor something to chew on=damage)

Ah right - your OP says 'you will be wiring them yourself' so I assumed the new wiring would need testing. No worries.

Sorry should be clearer. Most of wiring done, tested as I go along, but mains not connected yet, and no light fittings on yet. Will be finishing wiring over next couple of days, mains due to be connected Monday. As it is a stable does not need certificate or testing by 17th edition registered sparks.

Sorry should be clearer. Most of wiring done, tested as I go along, but mains not connected yet, and no light fittings on yet. Will be finishing wiring over next couple of days, mains due to be connected Monday. As it is a stable does not need certificate or testing by 17th edition registered sparks.

I'm with you. Not sure about this bit though - all wiring systems should be tested on completion.

Reply to Best type of lighting in stables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net