Discuss Best type of lighting in stables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Sounds interesting. Do tell.

No probs...Standard installation for purpose,all visible wiring in conduit,steel trunking+lid above ceiling,lights and sockets rcd protected,6mm t+e in trunking for exterior water heater routed over cladding to outside wall.
Heater pulled down and cable damaged over cladding,isolator left on,drinker bowls on interior of stables mounted to wall with 120mm screws,which touched cladding on outside.
Neddy thirsty,Neddy place lips in drinker. Neddy rear legs in puddle to acco grill drain.
Neddy a resistor. Neddy dog food.

(The names of the deceased have been changed,to protect the innocent :eek:)

Think this job must be finished now as I think I saw one of the new residents for this installation being taken there on the motorway today....

HORSE-FAKE-840736.jpg

Just to add to this debate, which I have read with amusement, I can appreciate where the OP is coming from as the stables are not classed as agricultural as the horses are not being used for meat production or used as farm working animals, nor are the stables a commercial set up, so BS7671 does not specifically apply, obviously all electrical works should be tested and inspected and certification provided to prove its safety, we all know this.
But stables are a strange one as I said they re not commercial, agricultural or domestic.

if the hosses pulled a plough, it's agricultural. if the end up on a plate with chips and stuff, then they're food. what other use can they have?

oh, got it..lining the pockets of the bookies.

Don't include me, like dogs and cats, I don't dislike them, but why does anyone in their right mind want one? They belong to swmbo. I'd prefer a goldfish.

my sister's a horsey mare, but she's puddled anyway.

Jeez where's this been resurrected from? Glad I've had a few beers. 1970s tribute band in the local club. Brill. ELO . Mr blue sky. Anyone? Is this thing on? ? Mines a theakstones. Anyone ?

Reply to Best type of lighting in stables in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net