Discuss Bought a little pressie for my van! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Get another one made up to look normal for the MOT and then once done change back ;)...just hope DVLA/VOSA/Police don't pull you over as it is hard for their equipment to read it...

Nice though!!

Private reg's on business vehicles always makes me think "I wont bother using them".....!

My opinion is that they must be charging too much! I have never ever seen the appeal in private reg plates though.

But good luck to you, and the double meaning is pretty cool!

Yours,

Doubting Thomas!

Buying presents for yer van? ...it's only a matter of time before your drawing a lipstick face on the back and giving it an emisions test with your "shielded-probe"....:hurray:

Totally illegal plate, unless the coppers around your way have no time for motoring offences, get your debit card ready for the fine to start rolling in. It's a commercial vehicle, that will not only result in being pulled by the Plod, but VOSA and HMRC will be looking to test your fuel and all other road safety and legislative requirements.

If you think I am joking, pop into your local plod station and seek advise. A mate of mine was stopped every other day for a fortnight, fined every time until around the fifth/sixth time they impounded the van until he came back with legal plates, spacing, BS number and plate maker Identity clearly showing.

Nice plate, but is it really that important to suffer the hassles? What is the difference between F1 JSE and F1JSE?? The eye sees it the same regardless but it stops the plod being a pain.

Looks great that bud. I have private plates on all my vans and have had for years all spaced badly never had any bother touch wood.

Your van looks professional

iv'e been done twice for mine now lol, what they have started doing now is reporting it to dvla and dvla send you a form out you have to fill in and attach photographic evidence of legal front and back plates fitted to the vehicle, if you don't you loose the plate, and even if you try being clever and getting some legal ones put on then swaping back to the illegal ones after and get caught again you loose it, wife as a private plate on hers and she as been pulled twice and didn't even get done for it they just told her to get them changed, she must of offered them favours lol

Nice plate, but from previous posts it's luck of the draw as to whether you get away with it or not.
Personally I've never had shiny vans and private plates.
I put myself in my customers shoes and ask who is paying for them.

FFS - we should all drive around in rusty old Ducatos with Romanian plates to keep the customers happy? - get real.

Nice plate - have one too but dont do the dodgy spacing, cannot be doing with the hassle.

Reply to Bought a little pressie for my van! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net