Discuss Building furniture.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Haha it was perfect by the time i had finished! The hinges themselves weren't bang on we got them from an iron mongers :) That is the wardrobes waxed but they need buffing further. Not bad for old scaffold boards! Ill post a pic of the bed in a sec

Kingsize beaut also made from scaff boards, on with the bedside tables next and the hurricane lamp big light and side lights!

Attachments

• 20150512_184418.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 30
Haha it was perfect by the time i had finished! The hinges themselves weren't bang on we got them from an iron mongers :) That is the wardrobes waxed but they need buffing further. Not bad for old scaffold boards! Ill post a pic of the bed in a sec

That is really good work! I made a wooden 'Alaskan Mill' out of scraps of timber and have sawn some boards out of the dry rot affected beams that we replaced with my chainsaw; the 2 10 " square beams supported the front of our house over one of our bay windows. I look forward to turning this ~ 139 year old timber, 1 1/2 " thick boards into a kitchen table in due course!

Yeah i bet that will turn out amazing. I have a list of projects the size of my arm but not enough time to get round to them. I have been building light fittings at the moment and have a few plans for the dining table. I am also makin all of our internal doors out of redwood. They will be seriously heavy but you can't beat the feel of a good solid door!

Yeah i bet that will turn out amazing. I have a list of projects the size of my arm but not enough time to get round to them. I have been building light fittings at the moment and have a few plans for the dining table. I am also makin all of our internal doors out of redwood. They will be seriously heavy but you can't beat the feel of a good solid door!

My Dad, around about the time my parents got married, got hold of a 18 " - 2 ' wide by 6 ' long by ~ 1 " thick piece of 'waney' edged yew. He sanded and polished it to a dull shine which has been enhanced by almost 48 years of hair 'oils'. The beauty of the head board that he made is the story of 'the rough and the smooth' or the man and the woman as it shows just that profile!

looks better for the old style if its not anyway :) and to be honest looks better than this new rubbish and will last longer :D

well the bed i wanted to make was quite a high bed that looked like something out of a beach shack and that had fruit/veg boxes as the under bed storage. However we decided we just didn't have enough space for it. We have plenty of storage in that wardrobe (its 9ft x 5ft x 2.5ft) and we also have the back bedroom that has a lot of storage. So we will see how we get on. I am going to build her a small dresser for in the corner also!

I am debating whether to list the bed on etsy, the price wooden furniture is selling for on their is unbelievable. That bed took 3 hours to measure, cut and dowel together and another 3 hours to totally sand and wax. Total materials cost £100 for wood and wax.

Reply to Building furniture.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net