Discuss Campaign for an electrician's licence scheme...Please Read... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Lec,

A few questions regards time scale etc, if you dont mind.

What time scales etc do you have in mind to try and get the next step of the ball rolling?

Is there a minimum qty of electricians you want to get their votes registered first?

Where else have you publicised this campaign?

You mentioned in one of your posts there would still be a role to play for the current scheme providers, when do you propose to contact them?

Thanks
Mark

Well I think you'd be better off setting up a campaign to get the powers that be to listen to electricians, & get them to start policing part P & to start dishing out some meaningful penalties to cowboys & home owners who flout the whole system.
Maybe even get the insurance companies on board with regard to home insurance & electrical work. Something along the lines of domestic pir every 5 years make it a law, any electrical work requires notifying & certificating so leaving a papertrail to the contractor who has undertaken the work. Put the electrical system back into the HIP's with requests for any electrical certificates to be given to solicitors during house sales.
Any of these will do more to advertise part P & use a registered sparks as opposed to a cowboy, more than the lame & half hearted advetising stratergy used by the government & scheme operators to date.

Licencing electrician will just be another stick to beat us with for more money.

Please don't be so short sighted.
Read the earlier posts and my web site.
It won't be a stick, it will help you. I've explained this so many times.
It won't cost you more money becasue you won't need to pay for what you get now and it will be run on a not for profit basis, so it won't be making profits from you.
It will address all the things you mentioned.
I think I need a FAQ page on the web site as I seem to be repeating myself almost on a daily basis.
Thank you for your contribution anyway :)

Hi lec,
Can you put your cards on the table please and disclose your interests in such a scheme. Do you see yourself as running such a scheme and what salary would you be requiring before all the profits go to charity ?

Who would support the introduction of a Licence scheme for electricans, as used in Australia, Canada, New Zealand etc etc.

Well, you can.

I have heard so many electrcians say "what we need is a licensing scheme like in Australia, that would solve the problem..... But it will never happen"

Take a look at L-E-C.org.uk - The Licensed Electricians Campaign

If the vast majority of electricians supported this campaign, the government wiould have to listen and act.

Comments please.
I spoke to a plumber the other day who has just been on acourse for his Part"P" which entitles him to wire lighting type B+C and power to type"C",4 Days,and if he wanted to be able to wire a house he needed to pay extra and do an extra day???????????????
How quick is that!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joe Bellis

Are you a supporter?
I think I would rather keep the scheme providers guessing at present, it's early days.
If you are a doubter take a look at this site, it will open your eyes.
www.partpsurvival.co.uk

I don't object to your license, neither do I support something that seems as if it's still wishful thinking.

All I and many others probably want to know, is your next steps and time scales.

You said the scheme providers will still have a roll to play, get them involved, speed things up and get it in place.

I am sure if you show clear actions and time scales you would get more backing?

Hi lec,
Can you put your cards on the table please and disclose your interests in such a scheme. Do you see yourself as running such a scheme and what salary would you be requiring before all the profits go to charity ?

Hi Jason,
First of all I am more than happy to put my cards on the table. Currently I have no desire to run this organisation, I have very little spare time running my own company and there are probably much more suitable people, so long as they come from within the industry. Having said this I am committed to this and will contribute as much as I can in any way I can. I am doing this not for my gain, but becasue I pasionatly believe it is needed and that electrcians should be respected as the professionals we are.

Secondly, the salary would be appropriate for the position, not excessive and all accounts would be transparent, so anyone could see where the money is spent. You obviously don't understand how a not for profit organisation works, there are no profits, the revenue collected is set at a level that allows the organisation to break even.

Hope that answers your questions.
One more for the FAQ page I guess.

Reply to Campaign for an electrician's licence scheme...Please Read... in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net