Discuss Cis, utr and ni number ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Just done this today...
Decided to sign off & go CIS to see if I can get in with a few more contractors. Took me 2xMins online to register with HMRC, when my UTR comes through (Not sure on time-scale) can call CIS help-line & they register me as a Subcontractor. The Contractor also has to register with CIS and pay 20% deducted from your full invoice. Without CIS, I'm certain you have to pay 30%...

I think I saw a form for Contractors that they complete for each deduction, seems easy enough both ways & as has been posted can always check with IR to see if Contractor has paid as I won't want any nasty surprises come Tax Return...

We receive statement of accounts and payments with any cis deductions recorded from all our customers we sub-contract for.As said, I would check the guy out with IR. Its nice to have the tax deducted at source cus theirs no nasty tax bill at the end of your financial year, and provided you have a good accountant a refund can pay his bill and put a few quid in your pocket to boot, very nice.;)

Reply to Cis, utr and ni number ? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi there, firstly wishing you all good health and happiness 🙂 Just a few questions if you all don’t mind answering for me please.. I’ve just...
Replies
Views
OLDBOY
O
Hi Some advice would be appreciated. im a Qualified employed social Housing Electrician. I was asked to help on a commercial project from...
Replies
Views
Hello fellow sparks, I’ve decided to go out on my own. Recently bought a little van and trying to get myself set up whilst keeping my costs as...
Replies
Views
Experienced Electrician, C&G 236 Parts 1 & 2, AM 1 & 2 18th Edition Am 2. (JIB Gold Card) I've been out of the trade for some time, but did a...
Replies
Views
hello , Just a note to see if anyone been in the same sort of journey as me? I wanted to retrain as an electrician at 40 and on bad advice did a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock