Discuss Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

I sign on when there nothing to do, dont see the shame in it, you just need to lie constantly yes mr advisor ill be sure to apply for the that courier job, blah blah blah, whatever p*ss off. I got a written warning last time for being 10mins late. its like being back in school.

Not 'lying', 'being agreeable'. For instance they used to give you a booklet to fill in where you had to take 3 steps a week to find work. You could fill in one box as 'mailed 1000 fliers' which ticks the box for being one step, or you could break that down and list 3 a week. Remember by and large the jobsworths in the jobcentre don't have a clue about the construction industry; they've heard of a CSCS card and as far as they're concerned you can't legally work on a building site without one. I suspect the jobcentre even pay for their staff to get a CSCS card so they can see what it entails, rather than paying for someone to get a CSCS card so they can get a job with it. I asked some woman in there about help getting an ECS card and she looked at me as if I was making it up.

I never had a disciplinary but I was told that after 5 minutes I was "too late" and would have to reschedule, yet they seem quite happy to leave you sitting around for an hour with no apology.

I sign on when there nothing to do, dont see the shame in it, you just need to lie constantly yes mr advisor ill be sure to apply for the that courier job, blah blah blah, whatever p*ss off. I got a written warning last time for being 10mins late. its like being back in school.

Aye, they once did that with me too, so thereafter whenever they were late, I used to write a letter of complaint to the manager cc d to the district manager. I did the same thing if I thought the staff were being rude & disrespectful too.

Aye, they once did that with me too, so thereafter whenever they were late, I used to write a letter of complaint to the manager cc d to the district manager. I did the same thing if I thought the staff were being rude & disrespectful too.

You must have had to write a lot of letters, they are always rude, disrespectful and late.

looks like i may have to sign on again, got told 8 weeks work, 2 weeks in not needed anymore, then got told i got some work local doing night meant to start monday, now it wednesday and no joy from it, bean calling then 3 time a day and just get the same old crap we are waiting still, WE WILL CALL YOU WHEN WE HAVE NEWS rubbish

now i got weeks to sign on and wait to get help for my mortage again so any money i made has gone lol

What is wrong with preparing for the future by having a nest egg? It seems quite sensible to me.

Sorry to bring this up because it seemed to have been dropped but this woman has claimed benefits from the government. She hasn't worked for the money she has told them that she needed it when she clearly didn't. Benefits should be for people in need not people who just want to save the money for a nest egg in her retirement. Just because she's better than most of the scroungers out there by not smoking or drinking doesn't make her right. All she has done is proven that the people who WILL NOT go to work gets too much money. If you have no intention of going to work then you should not be able to afford to smoke drink or have sky at the very least??

Well that's the thing isn't it they give too much money.

I currently get over £200 a week in child tax and working tax credits.

That's a stupid amount of money, yes I need it currently but it could quite easily make alot of people lazy.
I'm not claiming JSA at the moment because of unrelated issue but that would be anouther £70 a week.
Then there is housing benefit again I'm not claiming.
Then there is council tax benefit I'm not claiming.

etc etc

If I was claiming all of those what on earth would be the incentive to work?
Now I come from an upbringing that makes me wan't to work but lot's of people don't.

Too much welfare in this country.

I have no problem with people claiming when the need to. And they should be given all the help they need. But the people that won't (not cant) work drive me mad

I have seen it from both sides.

I have lived in countries with very minimal/no welfare state and I must admit those countries really seem to do ok and certainly do not see any working age people not working!

Welfare (I'm not including NHS) is a double edged sword if you ask me, great idea but in practice impossible to police/manage.

I wouldn't be too upset if they scrapped the whole thing to be honest.

I wouldn't be too upset if they scrapped the whole thing to be honest.
The only problems there are A) Crime rates would increase dramatically as the workshy would turn to/commit more offending
and B) what do we do with the unemployable of which there are legions. I'm not talking about people with disabilities which could prevent them working, I mean the ones who no employer in their right mind would take on.
Cannon fodder maybe?:)

A) All the Benefit money can be diverted into police.
B) They starve - Yes being serious, it happens all over the world if people are lazy and inept then tough **** I am too long in the tooth to loose any sleep over them.

I lived in Thailand for two years they take that attitude and it was a pleasant surprise - It actually works well.
However I didn't like the fact they didn't look after the disabled.

I currently get over £200 a week in child tax and working tax credits.

That's a stupid amount of money, yes I need it currently but it could quite easily make alot of people lazy.
I'm not claiming JSA at the moment because of unrelated issue but that would be anouther £70 a week.
Then there is housing benefit again I'm not claiming.
Then there is council tax benefit I'm not claiming.

etc etc

If I was claiming all of those what on earth would be the incentive to work?
Now I come from an upbringing that makes me wan't to work but lot's of people don't.

Too much welfare in this country.

I'm a little mystified, you're getting £200 per week in tax credits, which works out to be about £15K before tax - are you or your partner working?

New business started in apr this year.

Estimated earnings for this year = LOSS

Wife doesn't work no.

And I agree £200 a week is ludacrose but am I going to turn it down if thats what they offer? ........

New business started in apr this year.

Estimated earnings for this year = LOSS

Wife doesn't work no.

And I agree £200 a week is ludacrose but am I going to turn it down if thats what they offer? ........

Got 2 views on that:

1. Why don't they offer this sort of financial support for new business start ups??

2. No wonder some people sit around and take cash jobs on the side!!

Good luck with the new venture.

Sorry to bring this up because it seemed to have been dropped but this woman has claimed benefits from the government. She hasn't worked for the money she has told them that she needed it when she clearly didn't. Benefits should be for people in need not people who just want to save the money for a nest egg in her retirement. Just because she's better than most of the scroungers out there by not smoking or drinking doesn't make her right. All she has done is proven that the people who WILL NOT go to work gets too much money. If you have no intention of going to work then you should not be able to afford to smoke drink or have sky at the very least??
That is the argument as to why she shouldn't have the money.
She wasn't claiming out of work benefits because she couldn't be bothered to work, she was claiming incapacity benefit because the idea is she couldn't work. She chose to live a meagre lifestyle so she could save for retirement; if anyone were given the choice between having money to spend or not having money to spend then they would chose the money - it's a no-brainer. If the woman in the article had been given the choice of using the money or losing it she may have chosen to live a more frivolous lifestyle, or maybe spend the money on antiques or gold instead.

I agree with everyone else in that anyone capable of working should pay their own way in life, but there should also be support for those who genuinely can't, and IMO that money should be spent on whatever is deemed most important by the individual, whether it be spending straight away or spending later.
Consider the situation of a benefit claimant wanting or needing to spend a large sum of money on some kind of equipment (eg a vehicle) or an operation which they can't get on the NHS - should they be stopped from saving for this because some pencil-pusher thinks they should be spending their money on other things? Similarly if they were to buy said item on credit that might be considered an ongoing expense so might technically be allowed, even though they would have to pay a load extra in interest which someone on incapacity benefit is unlikely to be able to afford.

That is the argument as to why she shouldn't have the money.
She wasn't claiming out of work benefits because she couldn't be bothered to work, she was claiming incapacity benefit because the idea is she couldn't work. She chose to live a meagre lifestyle so she could save for retirement; if anyone were given the choice between having money to spend or not having money to spend then they would chose the money - it's a no-brainer. If the woman in the article had been given the choice of using the money or losing it she may have chosen to live a more frivolous lifestyle, or maybe spend the money on antiques or gold instead.

I agree with everyone else in that anyone capable of working should pay their own way in life, but there should also be support for those who genuinely can't, and IMO that money should be spent on whatever is deemed most important by the individual, whether it be spending straight away or spending later.
Consider the situation of a benefit claimant wanting or needing to spend a large sum of money on some kind of equipment (eg a vehicle) or an operation which they can't get on the NHS - should they be stopped from saving for this because some pencil-pusher thinks they should be spending their money on other things? Similarly if they were to buy said item on credit that might be considered an ongoing expense so might technically be allowed, even though they would have to pay a load extra in interest which someone on incapacity benefit is unlikely to be able to afford.

the fact she's saving for her retirement(most dont have that luxury) or should we say while we are helping her save for retirement shows she's claiming too much,if she chooses to live like she does thats her choice,shes claiming what she doesnt need,and thats greed,while some lads on here have paid in they are not getting the same out when they need the help,shes single lives with a dog,some have a wife and kids, they are the ones that need more,each according to his needs..no wonder people kick off.

the fact she's saving for her retirement(most dont have that luxury) or should we say while we are helping her save for retirement shows she's claiming too much,if she chooses to live like she does thats her choice,shes claiming what she doesnt need,and thats greed,while some lads on here have paid in they are not getting the same out when they need the help,shes single lives with a dog,some have a wife and kids, they are the ones that need more,each according to his needs..no wonder people kick off.

Saving money is not a luxury!!!
Its a state of mind. Its what sensible people do from an early age. Polish people come to this country and work for diddly squat, yet they still manage to save money.
Why?
Because they were raised in a country that doesn't mollycoddle them like children and absolve them of any responsiblity for their own financial affairs.

So people who save money are greedy?
Never heard it put like that before.....
I must be one fat greedy barstool...maybe I should do the decent thing and go and p*ss all my savings up the wall on drink and drugs. Then if I have a few days without work I can go and claim my due off the already struggling national budget.
This is verging on communism alarm man....

The only problems there are A) Crime rates would increase dramatically as the workshy would turn to/commit more offending
and B) what do we do with the unemployable of which there are legions. I'm not talking about people with disabilities which could prevent them working, I mean the ones who no employer in their right mind would take on.
Cannon fodder maybe?:)

Thats not a bad Idea...
We get all the workshy and criminals, put em in redcoats, give em muskets, the french do the same with theirs, but the coats are blue, put em in a field and let em stand in lines and blast holes through each other.
It worked before, It'll work again.

Reply to Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net