Discuss Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

i recon if all the women in the country would stay at home in the kitchen and bedroom then their would be enough jobs in the country for all the men. they started all this unemployment problem.

if they wanted to do some work we could get rid of all those expensive gadgets they have, like washing machinesand dishwashers.
Hopefully that was posted tongue in cheek mate. There are female members of this very forum, best get your tin hat on bonny lad

So the fact that they happened to be in government during the period in which the benefits culture appeared, and they took absolutely no measures to prevent it has nothing to do with it then. Exactly the same would have happened under the tories I suppose?

Personally I think a guy in his 40's who suddenly loses his job does not necesarily deserve to have his mortgage paid for him. Personally I have always gone to great lengths to live well within my means. If I was to break my leg tomorrow I could happily keep paying my bills and living expenses for at least 6 months without working. I see it as my responsiblility to look after myself, not the governments. I do not liberally p*** every penny I earn up the wall safe in the knowledge that if it all goes wrong I can let the taxpayer look after me.

Too many people these days are completely irresponsibe with money. They have big families that they cant afford to pay for, people on large salaries will still spend every penny and stack the credit card out too, then when they get made redundant the taxpayer has to foot the bill.
I understand that for some people, saving money really is not possible and they need to be looked after if out of work, but I have to say that modern day Britains attitude to money is discusting
The benefits system seems to have been set up to discourage people from being responsible with money though - you scrimp and save and live within your means paying taxes and abiding by the law, then one day when you lose your job you don't get anything because you've had the foresight to save for a rainy day, and you've made the effort to make yourself employable.
On the other hand the system will bend over backwards for someone who spent their school days disrupting lessons for those who wanted to learn, would rather produce unloved, uncared for kids for increased benefits instead of go out to work for a living, doesn't care about breaking the law and a criminal record affecting their job prospects because they're not going to be getting a job anyway, and squander all their benefits money on booze smokes and sky tv, living a hand to mouth existence funded entirely by the taxpayer.
Take the case of the woman who lived in a shed, didn't smoke, drink or go out, and managed to save up £22k from her benefits for her retirement, then the government decided she didn't 'need' it so took it all back off her and then some. Why would it be the government's place to tell someone to spend all their money there and then instead of being responsible and saving it for later?

well if your hero thatcher didnt destroy the north maybe we could have saved some money,instead we all live on the dole with 50 inch tv's smoking and drinking all day,its strange all the stereotypes of the north come from the south...

Just to get this back on topic, Dillb you seem like a bloody good bloke and I hope you get yourself sorted out soon, don't be too proud or ashamed to take a bit out of a system that you've probably paid a boatload into.
Good luck mate

The benefits system seems to have been set up to discourage people from being responsible with money though - you scrimp and save and live within your means paying taxes and abiding by the law, then one day when you lose your job you don't get anything because you've had the foresight to save for a rainy day, and you've made the effort to make yourself employable.
On the other hand the system will bend over backwards for someone who spent their school days disrupting lessons for those who wanted to learn, would rather produce unloved, uncared for kids for increased benefits instead of go out to work for a living, doesn't care about breaking the law and a criminal record affecting their job prospects because they're not going to be getting a job anyway, and squander all their benefits money on booze smokes and sky tv, living a hand to mouth existence funded entirely by the taxpayer.
Take the case of the woman who lived in a shed, didn't smoke, drink or go out, and managed to save up £22k from her benefits for her retirement, then the government decided she didn't 'need' it so took it all back off her and then some. Why would it be the government's place to tell someone to spend all their money there and then instead of being responsible and saving it for later?

she saved her benefits for a nest egg,and got caught by trying to claim more,and this is your beacon of light....while the same people you call for spending benefits are scum..you need help man..

Cheers Trev, having read most of the posts on here, it seems alot of resentment to people who sign on.

Now I know I don't have to justify why but feel maybe I can get a point across. I am 35 years old, worked full time since I left school at 16 and paid all my taxes. I have been self employed since the beginning of the year. I have joined a scheme paid my insurances. My van remains taxed and insured at all times.

I have had a reasonable amount of work come in too survive, but recently it seems to have dried up. Now looking on this forum it is not just me having this problem.

But there comes a time when you don't have money but the bills and rent still need paying every month, my partner only works part time, but is looking for another job or full time work but can't get anything.

Now unlike some people who seem to have a reasonable amount of money saved up and don't see a need to do it, I am not in a privileged position to be able to do that. Although I have waited as long as possible before actually doing it in the hope work would come in. Now the strange thing is I have priced 3 jobs up in the 4 days although not heard of I have any of them yet.

The system is there to help folk when in need, now I know opinions divide on this but when i have paid my dues surely I am entitled to take from a pot that I have contributed too for the last 19 years?

Cheers Trev, having read most of the posts on here, it seems alot of resentment to people who sign on.

Now I know I don't have to justify why but feel maybe I can get a point across. I am 35 years old, worked full time since I left school at 16 and paid all my taxes. I have been self employed since the beginning of the year. I have joined a scheme paid my insurances. My van remains taxed and insured at all times.

I have had a reasonable amount of work come in too survive, but recently it seems to have dried up. Now looking on this forum it is not just me having this problem.

But there comes a time when you don't have money but the bills and rent still need paying every month, my partner only works part time, but is looking for another job or full time work but can't get anything.

Now unlike some people who seem to have a reasonable amount of money saved up and don't see a need to do it, I am not in a privileged position to be able to do that. Although I have waited as long as possible before actually doing it in the hope work would come in. Now the strange thing is I have priced 3 jobs up in the 4 days although not heard of I have any of them yet.

The system is there to help folk when in need, now I know opinions divide on this but when i have paid my dues surely I am entitled to take from a pot that I have contributed too for the last 19 years?

you are,you paid in you should get any help you need

surely I am entitled to take from a pot that I have contributed too for the last 19 years?
Bloody right you are mate. I've had times when I've had to do it over the years and yes it's awful, embarrassing and demeaning having to justify your existence to a civil servant but sometimes you have to do stuff you hate doing.
I'd never look down on a guy like you for signing on and those that would have probably been lucky enough never to have had it tough for a while.
Things will get better, they have to sooner or later.

she saved her benefits for a nest egg,and got caught by trying to claim more,and this is your beacon of light....while the same people you call for spending benefits are scum..you need help man..
What is wrong with preparing for the future by having a nest egg? It seems quite sensible to me.

Im not having a pop at you Dillb, you are absolutely right. Its good there is a benefits system there to help out people who are genuinley determined to work, as you are, during hard times, and of course the recession wasn't your fault, we can thank the politicians and wan.... er.... ban kers for that one. Its the scumbags who make a career out of reproducing more potential scumbags in order to fund their smoke and booze fuelled lifestyle that I take issue with, and the politicians who created them of course

There are scumbags in every part of life, look at the likes of Rated people.

Look at the recent Jimmy Carr tax scandal, these sort of things happen because those that didn't do too well at University go and work for the government (yes I have done this) while those that did well find loopholes to get around it.

What is wrong with preparing for the future by having a nest egg? It seems quite sensible to me.

you and tory boy slate the benefits system,then applaud someone who SAVES for their retirement by saving their benefits,im a gob****e but you two are quality..

There are scumbags in every part of life, look at the likes of Rated people.

Look at the recent Jimmy Carr tax scandal, these sort of things happen because those that didn't do too well at University go and work for the government (yes I have done this) while those that did well find loopholes to get around it.

Not to mention our wonderful MPs and their expenses. Even our Glorious Leader had his hand in the till !!!

Just signed on today for the jobseekers at the dole office.
Benefits interview went great.
Claims advisor asked "What have you done this week to look for work Mr. Biff"

"Well i spend 12 hours solid arguing with plumber trolls on the electricians forum and got 5 "likes" to my posts"
Thought its probably not a good idea to ask for a £4K grant to do the HND im interested in lol.

DILB what happens is you build the benefits system into when you start your business. I know you are honest. But that is what the successful people might do. Part of their "SWOT" analysis. What is your major threat? having no work. How can you counteract this? With savings, loans or the benefits system.
I'm employed and my SWOT analysis has not helped me with the 2 grands worth of car repairs that have just come in!!

Reply to Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net