Discuss Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

the system doesnt work for some and its perfect for some. 16 kids is a joke but her choice or she like the buckfast and forgets her female condom..

You have to feel sorry for her kids,they will not have had a very good start to life - all they will know is getting money from the system and will grow up thinking that is how they have to live as well.

Its all the Labour governments fault. All of it. Every person they could get on the handouts was another labour voter in the bag. Not only did they F over the taxpayer but they F'd over the people they have turned into workshy wasters and their descendants for generations to come. If labour get voted in again I will seriously consider moving to australia.

Its all the Labour governments fault. All of it. Every person they could get on the handouts was another labour voter in the bag. Not only did they F over the taxpayer but they F'd over the people they have turned into workshy wasters and their descendants for generations to come. If labour get voted in again I will seriously consider moving to australia.

you really do read the sun too much,how is it labours fault,its not even the tories fault,its peoples fault its societys fault,its the fault of greedy selfish people be it the ones that have spawned from generations of work shyness or the freeloaders who risk life and limb to get here to take take take,how to fix it,fnose how it will be done,you cant just stop it overnight and kick everyone out their homes and stop benefits as you will have thousands homeless with no money,more crime etc,its needs to be weeded out but that will take years..

you really do read the sun too much,how is it labours fault,its not even the tories fault,its peoples fault its societys fault,its the fault of greedy selfish people be it the ones that have spawned from generations of work shyness or the freeloaders who risk life and limb to get here to take take take,how to fix it,fnose how it will be done,you cant just stop it overnight and kick everyone out their homes and stop benefits as you will have thousands homeless with no money,more crime etc,its needs to be weeded out but that will take years..

The system is what the system is,and it is far to late to try to change it now.

I heard the phrase "decent jobs with decent wages". Employers know that if they offer jobs at reduced wages that the benefits system can pick up the slack. Especially if people have children. Working and Child Tax Credits can be paid up to £900 per month I believe. Certain employers are well aware of this. So also are a great many self employed people. Pay yourself a minimum wage and utilise the benefits system. Its wrong and I despise it but its the system.

So labour has made absolutely no contribution to the benefit culture in the uk? That seems to be what you are implying.....
What newspapers have you been reading?

get the foreigners off the benefits, they dont deserve it seeing as they havent contributed anything, come here to work or p*** off home.to many in job centre claiming yet you see them dishing out kebabs or delivering chinese in evenings cash in hand

I heard the phrase "decent jobs with decent wages". Employers know that if they offer jobs at reduced wages that the benefits system can pick up the slack. Especially if people have children. Working and Child Tax Credits can be paid up to £900 per month I believe. Certain employers are well aware of this. So also are a great many self employed people. Pay yourself a minimum wage and utilise the benefits system. Its wrong and I despise it but its the system.

This is very true

The way the system is set up is for the long term unemployed,the short term unemployed like myself are the ones that lose out the most.
Anytime I have to sign on I'm asking about going on some electrical courses that will get me back to work quicker,and every time I ask it is like hitting my head of a brick wall.
According to them I have to be unemployed for a certain length of time to qualify for being sent on a course,or getting a written letter from an employer saying they will employ me if I have done a certain course and have the ticket for it(not much chance of that happening)

My point is you have to sit on the dole for a few months at least before you can get any help from them.

My other point is the way is benefits system is set up in certain cases people would be stupid to take a job as they would be a lot worse off that sitting in the house all day.

We do need decent jobs that pay a decent wage that you can live off and have some prospects or long term employment.But they seem to be dying a death with the rise off the agencies.

yea the benefits system sucks, people down the road from me has 4 kids and laughing, they have a 52 smart tv 2 cars, and never worked a day in thee life, they least go on 2 hoildays a year to lol

Life on benefits should be something that becomes more financially painful over time, meaning that your level of payments gets cut every 6 months, so that sooner or later work wil pay.

Life on benefits should be something that becomes more financially painful over time, meaning that your level of payments gets cut every 6 months, so that sooner or later work wil pay.

agree,its there to help people out not to be lived on,id like to see it tweaked so if a man say in his 30's/40's who always worked suddenly finds himself out of work,happening to much these days,the system should pay his mortgage say for a minimum of 12 months,help with bills etc,not to the extent of sky or the like but utility bills/food bills etc,because you know he will be looking for a job,i cant see the point of turfing people out their homes splitting up families etc as it just adds to the problem,but its the banks who will do just that,then sell off the house at a knock down price(and leave the owners in more debt) to some greedy property developer(vulture) who sells it on for a profit and so the spiral of greed continues..

agree,its there to help people out not to be lived on,id like to see it tweaked so if a man say in his 30's/40's who always worked suddenly finds himself out of work,happening to much these days,the system should pay his mortgage say for a minimum of 12 months,help with bills etc,not to the extent of sky or the like but utility bills/food bills etc,because you know he will be looking for a job,i cant see the point of turfing people out their homes splitting up families etc as it just adds to the problem,but its the banks who will do just that,then sell off the house at a knock down price(and leave the owners in more debt) to some greedy property developer(vulture) who sells it on for a profit and so the spiral of greed continues..

Agree in principle, but most people don't address their mortgage until its too late. If you apporach your mortgage company and ask them to put you on interest free for a year, they are most likely to agree and the monthly payments drop like a stone (in the case of repayment mortgages). This will save you money and help you adpat to the situation.

I'll only believe the UK is in recession when I see Sky announcing a drop in subscribers, which to date, hasn't happened. £50.00 month is a luxury we can't afford so how can people out of work possibly afford it???????

Agree in principle, but most people don't address their mortgage until its too late. If you apporach your mortgage company and ask them to put you on interest free for a year, they are most likely to agree and the monthly payments drop like a stone (in the case of repayment mortgages). This will save you money and help you adpat to the situation.

I'll only believe the UK is in recession when I see Sky announcing a drop in subscribers, which to date, hasn't happened. £50.00 month is a luxury we can't afford so how can people out of work possibly afford it???????

id prefer if the banks were forced to accept no payments if out of work for a set amount of time,say 1 year and just add it to the remainder of the term without penalties,after all they have contributed to this mess the most,something needs to happen soon because too many people are losing their homes through no fault of their own

So labour has made absolutely no contribution to the benefit culture in the uk? That seems to be what you are implying.....
What newspapers have you been reading?

id say no they havent if you mean they give people benefits to get a vote,as you have implied,if you mean the fact they created the nhs and benefit system then they could be responsible,in a strange way..

i recon if all the women in the country would stay at home in the kitchen and bedroom then their would be enough jobs in the country for all the men. they started all this unemployment problem.

if they wanted to do some work we could get rid of all those expensive gadgets they have, like washing machinesand dishwashers.

id say no they havent if you mean they give people benefits to get a vote,as you have implied,if you mean the fact they created the nhs and benefit system then they could be responsible,in a strange way..
So the fact that they happened to be in government during the period in which the benefits culture appeared, and they took absolutely no measures to prevent it has nothing to do with it then. Exactly the same would have happened under the tories I suppose?

Personally I think a guy in his 40's who suddenly loses his job does not necesarily deserve to have his mortgage paid for him. Personally I have always gone to great lengths to live well within my means. If I was to break my leg tomorrow I could happily keep paying my bills and living expenses for at least 6 months without working. I see it as my responsiblility to look after myself, not the governments. I do not liberally p*** every penny I earn up the wall safe in the knowledge that if it all goes wrong I can let the taxpayer look after me.

Too many people these days are completely irresponsibe with money. They have big families that they cant afford to pay for, people on large salaries will still spend every penny and stack the credit card out too, then when they get made redundant the taxpayer has to foot the bill.
I understand that for some people, saving money really is not possible and they need to be looked after if out of work, but I have to say that modern day Britains attitude to money is discusting

Reply to Claiming Jobseekers in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net