Discuss College work ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

Lee Kerr

Hey Guys
im a 3rd year apprentice struggling with my college work anyone got a clue in this question
HELP ME! please

A coil of resistance 4ohms is connected across a shunt of resistance 0.005ohms if the current in the main circuit is 50a what is the current of the coil ? :sick:

try and find the answer yourself without asking!, you cannot take us in with you on your next exam, if you get it wrong no doubt the tutor will take you through it to explain the correct answer if you get it right a pat on your back.

Re-type how the question was given to you word for word.

For a third year question I wouldn't see them giving you that question without an applied voltage.

Ooopps as usual I misread the question! But Markie made me rethink, I was 0.00008A out in my original answer.
So the current for the 4 Ώ coil would be 62.421973mA.

So OK Markie and I agree on 62.42mA, but will we tell which way we did it? And I’ll be honest I used two methods because someone set seeds of doubt in my mind.

Reply to College work ? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Electrician Jobs Possible offers in Stockholm
Hey guys ! first of all thanks for accepting me and letting me join ! Much appreciated ! I hope i am in the right forum and category, if im not...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone Recently I have come across an advert of someone selling Afdds C type and the person mentioned the need to sell because Zs was too...
Replies
Views
Good evening. Any advice what to do in this situaltion would be very much appreciated. I was called by a landloard who lives in Denver . She...
Replies
Views
Thought this might be of interest and use to anyone looking to undertake the various short training courses. So here is my recent experience -...
Replies
Views
i am only a second year apprentice so please bear this in mind if this question comes across as stupid.. i am currently working on a site where...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock