Discuss Conduit bending guide in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes Lenny , the only difference is, your missing page 4 , of my work please view it and have a look , p.s, you done quite well out of it 624 thank you s , for putting up my work i have now made it free to help out and give something back , i also intend to make the trunking guide free in the next few days , unless you have a copy of that as well, please be a gentleman and take the 3 pages off . But can i give you 10 out of 10 for effort. i hope you are still laughing because i am , cheers jonathan

If that was your guide, then I thank you for making it. It is a very good guide, and is how I bend conduit.
I do enjoy making custom bends from trunking/tray ect, so I'll look forward to comparing my methods to yours when you post it up.

Thanks,

John

Lenny - you have been told! LOL

JCE, you should edit your post to remove the web page reference as you are not a forum sponsor and want money for the download.

have a look at page 4 of the conduit guide and i should have the trunking fabrication guide on in the next few days. cheers

Yes Lenny , the only difference is, your missing page 4 , of my work please view it and have a look , p.s, you done quite well out of it 624 thank you s , for putting up my work i have now made it free to help out and give something back , i also intend to make the trunking guide free in the next few days , unless you have a copy of that as well, please be a gentleman and take the 3 pages off . But can i give you 10 out of 10 for effort. i hope you are still laughing because i am , cheers jonathan

well in defence of lenny,jce Your guide is just a copy of bending procedures that have been the same for over 50 years,its not like youve come up with some magic way of bending pipe,

Mark , dont shoot me ,its free click on the pages and print , until this afternoon it would cost £3.50 or £4.00 from the web site , but its free yes free , just like the trunking guide that took be a week to manufacture and photogragh each part of the fabrication. Cheers

I fail to see the issue, it's 'your' work so whats the problem, the guides have been floating around the web for years for free, how do you think I got them....I certainly wouldn't have paid for them, thats what college was for.

Unless of course you were hoping to direct traffic to your website via an underhand way of advertising, which of course is not permitted.

alarm man , you are correct , most of the methods were used 50 years ago , but 32 years ago i was never taught those methods , doing my apprenticeship partly at keighley college , it wasnt until i went back to college say 15 years later and learned some of the methods used on pages 1 & 2 , i then went onto expand on them using the spirit level as i had seen the plumbers /heating engineers on site using , and i expanded on these and other methods, and over the last few days decided to help others , in the hope that they will better my methods and pass on the info , its as simple as that,,,,

alarm man , you are correct , most of the methods were used 50 years ago , but 32 years ago i was never taught those methods , doing my apprenticeship partly at keighley college , it wasnt until i went back to college say 15 years later and learned some of the methods used on pages 1 & 2 , i then went onto expand on them using the spirit level as i had seen the plumbers /heating engineers on site using , and i expanded on these and other methods, and over the last few days decided to help others , in the hope that they will better my methods and pass on the info , its as simple as that,,,,

mate you want to go on a site and watch old pro,s bend like masters,a squint here,a tilt of the head there and,if by magic it fits to the mil,no rulers no levels just expierence,you cant better that im afraid

So, you want people to print off the info and are telling them to do it, but want it removed from this forum?
A bit weird that.

Why didn't you just ask to be acknowledged as the author on the post Lenny put up? To be fair, Lenny would not have known who's they are, they are not watermarked and do not have any warnings not to duplicate or distribute!

So, you want people to print off the info and are telling them to do it, but want it removed from this forum?
A bit weird that.

Why didn't you just ask to be acknowledged as the author on the post Lenny put up? To be fair, Lenny would not have known who's they are, they are not watermarked and do not have any warnings not to duplicate or distribute!

but they dont show anything different from thousands of bending pictures,the principle of bending is the same,it has to be at a certain mark on the former to get your angle,theres no new methods there,wether you use a square to mark the former or mark your bend and measure to a mark on the former or just use your eyes,the wheel has not been reinvented

so , here goes , you all made me feel welcome tonight, thank you, i have been kicked ,shot so to speak , but i still have the trunking fabrication guide to upload and give away , so lenny ,johnnny etc... what do i do knowing that this guide just like the conduit guide will /should help newcomers , or perhaps mark ,lenny johnny perhap you could help the newcomers new starter to the industry or am i expecting to much,

I was brought up bending conduit got to such a pitch that it was a challenge to have an offset a bubble and 2 bends on the one piece or length did I or do I miss it not a bit infact just thinking about it puts me in a cold sweat lol

so , here goes , you all made me feel welcome tonight, thank you, i have been kicked ,shot so to speak , but i still have the trunking fabrication guide to upload and give away , so lenny ,johnnny etc... what do i do knowing that this guide just like the conduit guide will /should help newcomers , or perhaps mark ,lenny johnny perhap you could help the newcomers new starter to the industry or am i expecting to much,

i think it was your second post,seemed to dive in and take the **** out of a respected member,thats the way i seen it anyway..

Look, what you have done is admirable, you've obviously taken the time & effort to produce these guides so offering them for free is commendable.

I only offered the link to the old thread as the guides were in PDF format and thought I would be helping YOU by posting it, unaware that you were infact the author.

Technically, posting the link to YOUR OWN website is in breech of forum rules, regardless of the premis in which it was offered as you have many other items for sale on there.

What you have infact acheived is to advertise your website to over 50,000 members FOR FREE! this makes our sponsors (who pay to advertise) incredibly upset & rightly so.

I feel if your intentions were honourable, you would have offered the guide in a PDF format for anyone to save and/or print off etc.

Also WRT to the missing page 4 of the guide, it is merely a plug for a leveling device you have created, which is why it is not part of the PDF in the link I posted.

thank you lenny for you reply , my conduit guide that other people have been giving away for years for free has or could have reduced the christmas donation given to a charity in the moortown area of leeds, combined with hilmor record Irwin tools none payment of royalties for 1500 bush spanners doesnt sit well, most if not all money recieved from the guides and tools will go back into the prototyping and development of other products , most of which are for electricians

the trunking guide took a week of fabrication in the back garden and to be honest i was sick of buying print cartridges when i sold a guide the cable calculation software took 18 months to copy all the cable size tables into and develop in my spare time so if that was stolen i would be gutted , you are correct lenny that it will drive traffic to my web site , to be truthful i dont want lots and lots of sales, all i want is someone to say , yes i used that and it was ok cheers, and that would be good enough, nearly lost my thread if i provided the guides on pdf someone would just sell say test sheets along with other items on ebay, and that wouldnt be fair.
i would like to add an m.i.c.c guide on my site and perhaps a cat 6 data termination guide if anyone can help

are you a spark or a designer,some of the stuff on your site is well,er well,a device that hepls you cut conduit straight? ive never seen the like,if you cant cut straight you have a problem,all your stuff is copies of well known products which offer no extra benefits,the ladder clamps for example,not a bad twist on the original,but are they crash tested,insurance approved.

If its recognition and praise you are after, why not put a post on the other thread letting all posters know the work you did and that you have more to offer.

I help people out, there is no worries there, if someone that has or is doing their training and cant quite grasp the technic of anything ie: conduit bending, I will show them hands on. I don't think I could produce a manual or training document better than what should be learnt at college. I'd rather help out indirectly by creating and modifying new or existing editable PDFs, thats my input.

It’s a pity this thread wasn’t deleted as spam when it started. It’s nothing but blatant promotion for a profit making web site.

And I fell for it , I've got a young mate who is starting the 2330 ( or whatever it is now) and NVQ level 3. I thought this would be a help to him , I did'nt realize there may of been an ulterior motive.

Ruston you havent fallen for it , just pass on the 4 pages to your mate ,

Well I sincerely hope not , I like to look on the positive side , we are all here to help. Thanks for it anyway ,they need all the help they can get these days.

i had a look at this page 4,a stick on angle thingy...dont waste your money kids,if you want 90 deg bends for free,just bend some pipe around 90,take it out the bender and measure against the wall so its true,put it back in the bender,bring the bending arm back to rest,then use a marker pen and mark the former where the arms rests,then just bend to the line and theres your 90,do the same for any angle you need,mark the former on the other side if your bending up,a bit of practice later you wont even need the line,and if you need to cut straight,keep your hack saw sharp and level to the pipe,

I, like many others, can bend a load of sets in conduit ,throw them on the floor as they are done,pick them up and compare them and find they are all as expected,spot on.exactly the same

It was experience gained by having a go at what I had seen done by experienced sparks when an apprentice,initially with a block of wood with a hole burned through, then in later times, with a proper bender

You wont learn to bend conduit reading the beano,the skill is acquired through practical effort

the main problem with the stick on gadget is it will have a cheap magnet stuck to the back of the magic tool,as most will know when that arm crashes back down with the force to make the bender move that stick on disk will be at the other side of the site,its a gadget del boy would come up with..

combined with hilmor record Irwin tools none payment of royalties for 1500 bush spanners

JCE, I purchased one of your bush spanners from your site about 18 months ago. I went into Edmundson wholesale about 3 month back and they had your bush spanner in nice packaging by Hilmor! I bought an open ended bush spanner and threw it away after one go as bushes are that soft they just rounded off but with yours they didn't so I use yours again now! Just thought I'd let you know!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

thank you , i dont always get it right , basically i did design the hilmor spanner in 2000 , i got paid for the first 500 but after that all the good people at hilmor got made redundant and i never got paid for the other 1500 , as the years have gone on i have tried to inprove the design with different materials and tweeks etc... and i am open to ideas from others.
i like the bush king because the design is good and he was the first , if you buy the bush king buy the black crown type that does the smaller bushes

When did the Bush King first come out.

I was using a bush spanner in the early 70's, double ended, cast, fits onto one flat on the bush and had a piece that went into the bush to steady it.

I remember it and reading between the lines , it probably was the first before the bush king if you were using it in the 70s , cheers

I realised the other day, I think I have one of your locknut spanners.

Havn't seen them anywhere else so I must have got it from you, about 10 years ago.

cheers , what do you think of the trunking guide, probably old school methods but i am willing to adapt , i think i may be in a position to do an micc guide within the next few mouths if there is a demand ,
p.s. change of subject , i noticed something had been said about the child proof socket covers could you explain what the problem are briefly , i couldnt get to the bottom of it , was it damaging the connection points , cheers

Reply to Conduit bending guide in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net