Discuss Connecting a fan to shower power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Does not connect directly ....passes through plastic hole in relay, the inductive coil measures over or under current, and switches accordingly. basically the same as a clamp meter, there is no physical connection.

As I have said previously its not a 6mm.

Did your professional mentor every explain to you why it cant be done, so you can pass your knowledge on. Or did you just say "what ever you say boss" without finding the reason why?

If the total load of a wire is well below its designed current carrying capacity rating why cant it be used?
If a purpose built junction box with correct jointings shouldn't be used then why are they made?

Are you saying everyone who has fitted down lights with junction boxes are not working safely and not following regs?

I appreciate that I may be over complicating matters but I just wanted to do my best to complete the design brief. Hence I came here seeking advice and ideas.

Kapeesh!
Somethings are just not done, cutting into a shower cable is one of them Jeez, creating a joint on a shower install is just not something we in the trade do, as for listening to my mentor, yes I did, and I have never met a spark yet, a Cowboy yes, but a spark no who would consider doing what you are. Your replies to me and indeed to all here proves you are trying to justify this appalling consideration by turning things around trying to make me and possibly others look like ----, Well I maybe a --- but mr and mrs Jones and smith can be assured I won't burn their house down.

Somethings are just not done, cutting into a shower cable is one of them Jeez, creating a joint on a shower install is just not something we in the trade do, as for listening to my mentor, yes I did, and I have never met a spark yet, a Cowboy yes, but a spark no who would consider doing what you are. Your replies to me and indeed to all here proves you are trying to justify this appalling consideration by turning things around trying to make me and possibly others look like ----, Well I maybe a --- but mr and mrs Jones and smith can be assured I won't burn their house down.

edited ... posted in wrong place

Last edited by a moderator:
Does not connect directly ....passes through plastic hole in relay, the inductive coil measures over or under current, and switches accordingly. basically the same as a clamp meter, there is no physical connection.

Just like, ahem, post no.9

Boydy

Do you know what's a even better idea? I friggin PIR or Humidi fan off the twitting local lighting circuit! Lol
Everyone has said this all through this tread, but the Op wants to switch it.......and apart from taking the P....this is the only safe idea i could come up with

can;t see a problem unless it's a man.u. fan. then the pull cord should be made into a noose.

Reply to Connecting a fan to shower power in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net