Discuss Connecting a shaver point to a shower circuit. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

ChrisElectrical88

-
Mentor
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi. I want to install a shaver point in a bathroom for a fussy landlord, but she only wants it to be used when the shower is on, not sure why. I am going to wire it off the shower circuit and cut down the cores so I can fit them all in 15A connector blocks in the loft. Is this ok? If not what regulation prevents thing?

Yuk!

For starters, somewhere in section 5 it says not to reduce cores down (will look up later). Second....how on earth is that meant to work in practice? So, I'll just leave a 10kW shower running whilst I nip to have a shave?? Madness!

If you DO end up having to proceed with this, what's wrong with just coming off the downstream side of the isolator in 1mm?

You stinking rotten bunch of sheep abusers...... go and pick on someone who doesn't have man flu and a half working brain!!!

:ack2:

Hi. I want to install a shaver point in a bathroom for a fussy landlord, but she only wants it to be used when the shower is on, not sure why. I am going to wire it off the shower circuit and cut down the cores so I can fit them all in 15A connector blocks in the loft. Is this ok? If not what regulation prevents thing?
lolffs....lol....

if replies tell you why u shouldn't, are u sure you won't do it anyway and ask for proof why you can't?

Yuk!

For starters, somewhere in section 5 it says not to reduce cores down (will look up later). Second....how on earth is that meant to work in practice? So, I'll just leave a 10kW shower running whilst I nip to have a shave?? Madness!

If you DO end up having to proceed with this, what's wrong with just coming off the downstream side of the isolator in 1mm?

Can you back this up with any regs? I don't care what you say this is how I want to do it.

No problem, use 60 amp connectors instead and wire a bit of 6mm2 to it and feed your shed as well, no harm done as there is no reg saying you cannot, so why be a sheep and follow the crowd, perhaps to get your post count up? :biggrin5:

Can you back this up with any regs? I don't care what you say this is how I want to do it.

Well......on account of not being able to track down the reg that I thought existed about cutting cores down, then NO! On a serious note, where am I not looking?! Is it previous book and now been removed for some reason???

Reply to Connecting a shaver point to a shower circuit. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net