Discuss Customer Demanding We Pay For Her Blinds ££££££ Need Serious Advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don’t be scared about the fire officer, ask for his or her contact details.
I think you are being stitched up.
Call there bluff and in the first instance I would write to them asking for all there concerns to be detailed in a letter to you.
Ask them to include contact details for any experts they have involved so you can work towards a solution.
Suggest in the letter that if they have safety concerns they should allow you access immediately to isolate the heater until it’s safety can be assured.

I think so too.
Your suggestion is good, play the game they started and play it by the book.

Write to her and keep all communications written, keep a diary of all communications. Appologise for the oversight in writing and offer to go back and remove the heater and ask for her to nominate a suitable location for it to be relocated to. If she refuses it appears the matter has been resolved. You have made all reasonable attempts to rectify the situation which is all is really required, no County Court Judge will find in her favour.

Write to her and keep all communications written, keep a diary of all communications. Appologise for the oversight in writing and offer to go back and remove the heater and ask for her to nominate a suitable location for it to be relocated to. If she refuses it appears the matter has been resolved. You have made all reasonable attempts to rectify the situation which is all is really required, no County Court Judge will find in her favour.
Was going to disagree but you are correct.

Does the expert friend work for a bespoke blind company ?

I would take it on the chin and move the rads for free to a suitable location. Offer this in writing and get receipt of delivery. If she refuses to move a mirror to move one of them that is not grounds to get you to pay for bespoke blinds. This is a reasonable offer of solution and her demands are unreasonable. Any court would see it that way.
Everything in writing from now on as this has the hallmarks of going further.

My thoughts exactly...
Thanks for the advice, this is what i was hoping to do, today we even turned up at 4:30 in the afternoon to move it for her becuase "thats the only time shes in" and she wouldn't let us do it because like i say she didn't want to mover the mirror or sofa side table...
What makes it worse is the women is really dramatic, you can be talking to her normally then all of a sudden she starts shouting, at one point she almost started to cry, me and my colleague where just lost for words!

Tell the Dopey Woman to get Her drapes shortened, heard some BS in my time but this takes the Biscuit,
Arrange for a revisit and take some paper hanger's scissors along and ask her how much of her drapes she wants cutting off, watch the colour drain from her face, but don't laugh for Heavens sake it will give the game away, cuz that is what she is playing at, Dopey Woman.

Obviously her old heater is probably on a scrap yard or being turned into bean cans right about now, so if i remove the heater i supplied i still owe her a replacement heater to match the same as she had before surely? I guess id have to find a old style one from some where, since they dont make them anymore.

I don't think it's a big issue, see what the manufacturers say. She is trying it on.
Is there not another heater that you could fit that is not so tall?

The one we fitted was a Newlec fan assisted heater that the reps tell me is the exact same model as dimplex just been re branded. i will have a look around in case i can find something but iv yet to see a shorter one on my travels...

Reply to Customer Demanding We Pay For Her Blinds ££££££ Need Serious Advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net