Discuss Domestic - What do you normally use? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Your lots invoices must be three foot long. Why don't you just clip it to the wall and then let the plasterer dot and dab straight over the top, or just chase em in and then let him plaster over it? Must take you 2 months to do a rewire with all that arsing about.

but...32mm waste pipe for a TV? 15x38 conduit using flat HDMI cables etc is a much smaller impact and the removeable lid means the bigger plugs/connectors can be easily installed.

32mm waste pipe...now there's a thing...and a lot of raggling, surely?
Why such a big pipe?
Several HDMI cables and they wanted it so if they added or removed equipment they could do so with ease. 25mm conduit a bit too tight for that

Your lots invoices must be three foot long. Why don't you just clip it to the wall and then let the plasterer dot and dab straight over the top, or just chase em in and then let him plaster over it? Must take you 2 months to do a rewire with all that arsing about.

Burnsy's back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got up for a pee. then coffee while dog's let out for pee also.

Your not supposed to go near tv screens or phones at this time. I've read reading a boring books, is conducive to returning to sleep. I've tried BS7671, but I ended up flinging it across the room, and waking her indoors. Counting sheep next I suppose.

What are the advantages to the installer of using conduit over capping? Surely chases have to be deeper and isn't it a faff feeding t&e down it?
If fresh block work is being hardwalled and skimmed do you have to chase oval conduit in a bit?
Always just used plastic capping because that's what those I have worked with use.

Don’t understand this question to be honest.

Every scenario is different, can make a case for them all.

Plastic conduit for me on a re-wire nearly always. Steel conduit if it’s outside the zones.

Don’t really ever use capping unless I absolutley have to, awful stuff.

What are the advantages to the installer of using conduit over capping? Surely chases have to be deeper and isn't it a faff feeding t&e down it?
If fresh block work is being hardwalled and skimmed do you have to chase oval conduit in a bit?
Always just used plastic capping because that's what those I have worked with use.

Conduit makes the job more professional & also, it’s easier to re-route cables when the architect suddenly decides it’s Monday morning and he’s going to change the drawings for the 100th time.

Conduit makes the job more professional & also, it’s easier to re-route cables when the architect suddenly decides it’s Monday morning and he’s going to change the drawings for the 100th time.

Definitely agree about architects and clients changing their minds, it's usually the day after it's plastered, the boxes could've been on the wall for weeks but as soon as its really inconvenient.... "can we just move that over a bit..."

Not sure I agree that conduit is "more professional" though.

Reply to Domestic - What do you normally use? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net