Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Domestic wiring diagrams in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gylesr

Gylesr Guest

Hi all
    im a trainee spark! can anyone recommend a book/website that shows decent domestic wiring/circuit diagrams?

many thanks

2. trev

trev Regular EF Member

You could bein one type of property one day and a totally different one the next so the diagrams would be different. Only the symbols for the accessories and the terminations would be the same mate

3. Gylesr

Gylesr Guest

this is very true trev.. im finding particularly challenging some lighting/switching layouts a little hard to grasp and was wondering if there was any clear info out there that could help guide me..!!

4. trev

trev Regular EF Member

What in particular are you struggling with? To be honest you'd be best off asking the qualified guy you're working under, he would be able to demonstrate what you should be doing and explain why it's done that way. It's easier to get the point across that way than on a forum

5. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    kighting and switching arramgements will come to you with hands on experience. don't be shy asking if you aren't sure of anything. as trev says. each installation is bespoke, tailored to the situation, ( unless it's a council rewire, then its a lego set of mini trunking)

6. danzor

danzor Trusted Advisor

7. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    bloody 'ell, you drew that quick, danzor. struggling to see where the bucket comes in though.

8. danzor

danzor Trusted Advisor

wasn't loading on my phone

9. Gylesr

Gylesr Guest

cheers guys
    i guess theres no substitution for experience and i hope that il get my head around it all in time.. i ve been training at college full time and only on-site one day a week so its blown my brain a little! its totally different on site compared to a board. personally cant wait to get out on the job more in june as i believe its such a better way of learning

10. telectrix

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    ytouy learn more on site in a day than in a week at college.

• Like Like x 1
  11. trev

trev Regular EF Member

Even at college you should be able to ask the lecturers if you're struggling. It's their job to get you to understand what you're doing.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  12. Gylesr

Gylesr Guest

cheers danzor very helpful diagram

13. baldelectrician

baldelectrician Electrician's Arms

I always buy my trainee Brian Scaddan's book - Domestic Electrical Wiring and the onsite guide

Not too dear

• Like Like x 1