Discuss Downlighters required with removable bezel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
We are having the kitchen refitted and I need new lighting in the kitchen. I intend to use LED lights and currently have GU10 fittings but there are not enough!

I have heard of GU10 fittings with removable bezels that can be removed for decorating (our decorator hates down lighters!). I believe that Aurora have suitable GU10 fire rated fittings but have been unable to confirm with total confidence that these meet my requirements so I am asking for help.

I strongly prefer GU10 LED bulbs rather than integrated LED fittings as there is more choice of beam angle and colour.

I would like to be able to remove the bezel (and if necessary the GU10 bulb) and simply paint over the rest of the fitting without removing it. The decorator would not then complain. Is this how the Aurora fittings work, and are there any alternatives?

The property is a bungalow and the lights will be covered by the fibreglass insulation.

Are you able to give me part numbers so I can be sure of specifying/getting the right fitting. I would want a white (probably gloss) bezel.

Can I get a dimmer that will be capable of dimming 12 LED lights or would I need to divide them into say 8 + 4?
Kitchen.jpg

The wiring is easy, the floor joists run in a helpful direction and my draft layout design (using 12 fittings in three rows) misses all of the joists by a sufficient margin. I am intending to get the lights fitted professionally along with the other wiring that will be required in the kitchen. We are in the process of talking to kitchen designers. See diagram - the circles are for a 36 degree beam angle at work surface height.

I also intend to replace the 4 existing fittings that are in the dining end of the kitchen and have LED bulbs already so they match. An electrician removed each of these fittings to change the GU10 sockets which would only take very long GU10 LED bulbs and this badly chipped the plaster around the fittings. I am trying to avoid this for the future.

Given its a bungalow, surely there is some sort of access or potential access to roofspace above the new works, Would advise removing the insulation around the new lights. It minimises potential risk later down the road.

looking at the amount of lights and the spacing., is this kitchen going to be used as a kitchen or a cannabis farm?

They could also fit gas lamps if they felt so inclined, but by the time subsequent owners move in, and we’ve rejoined the EU, halogens will no longer exist.;)

Hi,

The Aurora Universal range has been superceeded by the Enlite (Aurora Brand) EN-DLM981X (fixed) and EN-DLM982X (Adjustable) downlights.

They have a choice of removable bezels. IP20 (EN-BZ91) & IP65 (EN-BZ93)for the fixed can and an adjustable (EN-BZ92) for, well the adjustable can. Each available in White, Matt White, Polished Chrome or Satin Nickel.

You could use the Enlite branded dimmable LED GU10's and use the Aurora AU-DSP400X dimmer module which will dim between 12-120 Watts in LED.

This setup should give youj evrything you're looking for at a very reasonable price.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Ivan

Hi,

The Aurora Universal range has been superceded by the Enlite (Aurora Brand) EN-DLM981X (fixed) and EN-DLM982X (Adjustable) downlights.

They have a choice of removable bezels. IP20 (EN-BZ91) & IP65 (EN-BZ93) for the fixed can and an adjustable (EN-BZ92) for, well the adjustable can. Each available in White, Matt White, Polished Chrome or Satin Nickel.

You could use the Enlite branded dimmable LED GU10's and use the Aurora AU-DSP400X dimmer module which will dim between 12-120 Watts in LED.

This setup should give you everything you're looking for at a very reasonable price.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
Ivan

Reply to Downlighters required with removable bezel in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net