Discuss ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

They were probably holding their horses waiting to see how the fond fool from NICIEC was treated and now that they know they've beaten a hasty retreat.

I have to say: I think this has been one of the best and most enjoyable threads on this forum for quite a while, and for its entertainment value it ranks right up there alongside the Roman spectacle of feeding Christians to lions.

I can't wait for round two. :26:

I think that it is clear to everyone WHY the scams avoid contact with real sparks .... :rofl:

Well, the NICEIC seem to have convinced at least one of our members here, ...hook, line and sinker!! lol!!

Such is life Eng54. If you ask enough people to put there danglies in a draw and then slam it shut there will always be one numpty that will do it...

Just as an update. The ESC has posted some information about why it felt it necessary to set up the Electrical Safety Register following failed negotiations with other scheme providers.

The Electrical Safety Register : Electrical Safety Council

Hi

the link above has the bit - "The first meeting of the Electrical Safety Roundtable, in June, was not attended at Director/CEO level by major industry players, the ECA and NICEIC. The meeting notes included vague action points, and no attempt was made to verify their accuracy with attendees, or to set up a forum to comment on the register that NAPIT launched in November."

Can I ask, why was the meeting in June not attended at Director/CEO level, and if not, who was there in their place, or was no one at all there from ECA or the NICEIC?

If someone was there, did they communicate the meeting content upwards or keep it to themselves?

What was the precise wording of the "vague action points".

Many thanks NICEIC Engineer, I look forward to your response!

Just as an update. The ESC has posted some information about why it felt it necessary to set up the Electrical Safety Register following failed negotiations with other scheme providers.

What a load of bovine excrement. Do you/they honestly think that anyone is going to read that and think "Good old NIC, they really tried their best. I'm so glad they have the best interest of the public and trade professionals at heart!"?

I would just like to make a personal request. You're having my pants down and there's not a fat lot I can do about it. That doesn't give you the right to treat me as if I'm an idiot, nor does it mean that I will blindly accept your assertion that it's for my own good. So please do me the courtesy of getting on with your plans without taking the Mick.

I wonder if this kind of charade is being played out in any other section of the building trades?

Is there anything similar in the Gas trade?

carpentry? Plastering?

Tiling?

plumbing?

or are they just all quietly going about their business.

Its embarrassing.

I wonder if this kind of charade is being played out in any other section of the building trades?

Is there anything similar in the Gas trade?

carpentry? Plastering?

Tiling?

plumbing?

or are they just all quietly going about their business.

Its embarrassing.

I agree.

On the gas side, there is Gas Safe and before that there was CORGI who got to be too big for their boots and were "shown the door".

Just remember that these scams exist ONLY because WE (sparkies) ALLOW them to !!

Present a united front and tell them to go play in the traffic and they're finished. What can they do about it??

But that's the whole problem with modern Britain ... NO BODY stands up for them selves so we have Local Authorities "fining" us for putting our bins out on the "wrong day", leaving the lid on the wheely bin half an inch open, putting the "wrong" rubbish in the "wrong" bin ... you get the picture?? And it's all OUR fault - every single one of us - because we've grown too lazy, complacent and compliant to preserve OUR rights and way of life !!

One good thing about being the age I am now is that I won't have to suffer this shyte for too much longer. I really DO HATE what MY Country has become !!

What a load of rubbish.

My question to the NICEIC and ECA - when are you going to do ANYTHING AT ALL about the appalling standard of workmanship of some of the members using your names? and don't hide behind "the customer has to complain" as 99.9% of customers haven't a clue.

Reply to ECA and ESC announce major partnership in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net