Discuss Eicr reports in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

The NICEIC eventually took the same view after initially claiming to be infallible. He got a call today confirming his refund for the appointment. They were very apologetic apparently and asked if here was anything they could do or change to bring back him to the scheme. A flat "No" sufficed :)

I wonder if they had been reading this thread.

Blxxdy idiots.

Just seems that a lot of people on here hate the NIC?

I don't hate the NIC I just don't like the way they have twisted and manipulated the electrical industry and the government for their financial benefit in recent years. The way they reacted after the recent Part P review by a parliamentary committee highlights this arrogance a meeting was convened where interested parties included the NIC gave evidence to the committee what followed only shows the sheer contempt of Certsure making direct representations to the government minister before letting the committee do it's work and report it's findings in the proper manner

The NIC of 25 - 30+ years ago was a different beast to what it is today and had a lot of respect back then the fact people ask for NIC these days is IMO a carry over from that coupled with the fact that insurance companies and other similar bodies have never updated their company policies to encompass the ever changing market and the emergence of other similar schemes

The NIC are just one of the many schemes that have failed this industry in pursuit of that holy grail called money the more they get the bigger the bonus they achieve

May be the industry mantra should be "keep it safe keep it qualified" or better still "keep it safe keep it properly qualified" until a licensing system is brought in there is no way of knowing the man on the tools is qualified as they can hide behind a companies NIC badge

IMO advertising slogans like your avatar should be banned on here as they only get the backs up of members who have a deeper knowledge of the industry

Any problems with my picture? Guessing that a few of you may not like it but I do.

Apart from it being totally inaccurate you mean??

Looks as if you have fallen for all the blurb they constantly shell out hook, line and sinker!!

Oh, and you still haven't answered the question of, ...what is a DI??

I don't hate the NIC I just don't like the way they have twisted and manipulated the electrical industry and the government for their financial benefit in recent years. The way they reacted after the recent Part P review by a parliamentary committee highlights this arrogance a meeting was convened where interested parties included the NIC gave evidence to the committee what followed only shows the sheer contempt of Certsure making direct representations to the government minister before letting the committee do it's work and report it's findings in the proper manner

Yes I've seen the full footage of the Parliamentary commission, 5 people that are "Lecturers" and "Electricians" having a go at the biggest electrical domestic companies in England and Wales. What a shambles that was from the defense team against them! They really made a point about the industry, sorry Parliament voted against them all! What a shock when taking on the big boys that know what they are doing!!!

And NO Flick, I do not work for the NIC. Just someone that lives in the real world.

Yes I've seen the full footage of the Parliamentary commission, 5 people that are "Lecturers" and "Electricians" having a go at the biggest electrical domestic companies in England and Wales. What a shambles that was from the defense team against them! They really made a point about the industry, sorry Parliament voted against them all! What a shock when taking on the big boys that know what they are doing!!!

And NO Flick, I do not work for the NIC. Just someone that lives in the real world.
One of those "Electricians" was D skelton on here lol, popcorn at the ready here.

No he was a younger fella, still has his hair, in his 30s I believe, I thought he did well in the commission, they got their point across well, problem is money, the schemes and training centres make money from scanking poor people out of 6-8k for a 5 week course, money talks, quality of work and proper training costs money, it doesn't make it, well in their eyes.

Reply to Eicr reports in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net