Discuss Eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

On an EICR I always run the full range of tests on all the circuits, and then judge from the condition of the install how far I want to go with the inspection. Sometimes I open every accessory, if only to see if there is earth sleeving present! (And if the switch wires are sleeved!).

i think my old boss went and pulled neutrals out and stuff before i went and tested... as someone said test fully but inspect less, and IR test from tails @250v or l/n-e

Isnt there something on there regarding agreed extent & limitations what about the lamp schedule?

Yes, Extent & Limitations to be agreed between you (the inpector and tester) and the customer,However it's up to whoever conducts the tests to implement the depts of tests. e.g. what if you find low IR readings etc. do you investigate further? I for one like to do full tests
on everything, simply because i like to sleep at nights.And also it's your neck on the line if the brown stuff hits the fan. Think about it for a minute;
Option 1 ; do lets say 25% of tests and it comes back to bite you, OR
Option 2 ; do 100% of tests and find fault, with the possibilties of rectifying faults and everybody is happy and safe.
I for one, know wich one i choose , everytime.

Last edited:
oldtimer you like the old bmw i bought from pat testing funds... which of course led to other work.. but withut yourself and the forum id still know nothing....

had a good week and turfed the 306

Reply to Eicr in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I've recently has an EICR (report attached) carried out on my two bed flat because I need to rent it out for a year. The electrician has come back...
Replies
Views
Hello, I had an eicr done in 2021and it passed with four C3 items. They recommend next test date to be in 3 years instead of 5 on the certificate...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Just wondering what everyone's response to the following scenario is. Letting agents have asked us to carry out an EICR. There was...
Replies
Views
Hi, while carrying out an EICR at a farm cottage on Friday i came up against a problem early on. Whilst measuring the Ze the reading i obtained...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I have a small question about inspection interval labels. We all know to fit one of these labels with the relevant date upon completion of...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock