Discuss EIC’s in new builds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yeah I will be , I spoke with the Napit technical department ( through my Stroma membership) who said I was fine as long as I used the ‘three part form’ etc , they seemed quite happy with it ! That’s why you was after a second opinion and any advise
its not the fact you can do it, but your insurance will not cover it does not matter what they say.

If the majority of the installs are already completed, I'd be curious to know if there was some previous electrician who was going to test and certify them, and what happened. Unless of course the builder only just realised this would be needed (not so likely).

I agree with @SJD and would be enquiring about who did the previous works and why they are no longer in situ. It could be to do with the current covid situation or something else and if that involved money I would be treading carefully.

If the majority of the installs are already completed, I'd be curious to know if there was some previous electrician who was going to test and certify them, and what happened. Unless of course the builder only just realised this would be needed (not so likely).

I believe it was a family dispute and the previous electrician did a bunk on the sister of the main man so it got a bit messy . I just want to make sure everything would be above board before doing anything !!

... I assume that you will be doing the notification to LABC through your CPS scheme?
For a new build that wouldn't be neccessary - it would normally come under building control for the whole of the build (they'll look into all the other building regs, not just the lecky ones). But typically they'll want an EIC, that way they don't need to employ any electrical knowledge on their own behalf.

Reply to EIC’s in new builds in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net