Discuss electric shower tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

You don't need all singing, all dancing test gear, the vast majority of fault finding jobs can be done with a simple megger.

There's a good reason that the practices of 40odd years ago are no longer acceptable, they are dangerous and have been responsible for many injuries.
Megger Dave tut tut next you will be telling us you use a Hoover:D

????? To the above.

When you say you've got a Fluke, do you mean a multimeter ?
yes, yes...but fluke were the gold standard in my days multi meters are available for less than a tenner these days
????? To the above.

When you say you've got a Fluke, do you mean a multimeter ?
not sure what the ???? are but if we needed to test an installation we asked for the megger not the insulation resistance tester it came in a nice grey leather case and had a wind up handle

yes ..just clicked, I suppose all forums on tinternet are the same...I'll leave you all now and get on with the rest of my life (retired public sector :)

But thanks for the help
N

The question marks were in reply to your post about knowing what they were called, after Westy joked about Dave telling us to use Hoovers.

As for the fluke, don't really think it's going to help you out here.

Yep know all about wind up Meggers, still had one until a short time ago. Cut my teeth with fault finding using a Drummond probe, Avo 8 & Megger. The Avo & Megger had to be signed in / out of stores every time.
Oh & don't forget the ubiquitous neon screwdriver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wonder if the OP is charging for this?

So its a recent install, the customer bought the kit, the installer isn't returning calls, the OCPD may be too low, we don't know if the RCD or MCB are tripping.

We do know the person fault finding doesn't have the appropriate kit.

Has it ever worked?

Did the installer provide a cert?

Wonderful!

Q
Wonder if the OP is charging for this?

So its a recent install, the customer bought the kit, the installer isn't returning calls, the OCPD may be too low, we don't know if the RCD or MCB are tripping.

We do know the person fault finding doesn't have the appropriate kit.

Has it ever worked?

Did the installer provide a cert?

Wonderful!

Same old story buddy, nothing changes :)

Reply to electric shower tripping in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net