• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Extending ring circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Reaction score
Morning all, i plan on extending ring circuit, installing additional 13A socket in the room.

Plan of action was to install black 30A junction box under floorboard to one of the legs. However after some research on this forum, junction box must be easily accessible and not suitable for the job. I'm not too sure if i will either go with carpet or permanent laminate flooring.

What would you guys suggest, 3 wagos inside existing backbox and extending from that

Or

Wago box under floorboard

Or blue crimps again inside the boxbox.

Thank you in advance.

wagos in existing socket box for me. if only 1 socket added, no need for FCU. unless you don't want to chase decor. in that case a MF box under floor.

Morning all, i plan on extending ring circuit, installing additional 13A socket in the room.

Plan of action was to install black 30A junction box under floorboard to one of the legs. However after some research on this forum, junction box must be easily accessible and not suitable for the job. I'm not too sure if i will either go with carpet or permanent laminate flooring.

What would you guys suggest, 3 wagos inside existing backbox and extending from that

Or

Wago box under floorboard

Or blue crimps again inside the boxbox.

Thank you in advance.

Why not extend the circuit from the sockets themselves? Removing the need for any junction boxes.

Screwfix have gaping holes in their catalogue .........
Must have been a glitch somewhere then Mate, when I worked for them the stock control was very good.
The OP intends extending the ring, not spuring off from the ring.
I would use crimps in the back box.
If the OP spurred from the nearest socket outlet, then he wouldn't need to crimp anything!

Reply to Extending ring circuit in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back