Discuss Fault finding maps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Anybody make a map of existing stuff when doing alterations ? Left all 1st floor socket cables taped together ready to go back in.
Just found this after pulling 1/2 the house apart
1a7af4e94996093a52fde4703c6f15e8.jpg

Blasted all the new fronts etc on the other day came to turn on and 2 faults on a 2 leg radial circuit. 1 leg l-n and the other l-e both at this point.
Livin the dream on a Sunday night tho

basic insulation/continuity check on the circuit to be worked on, before starting the job usually helps to avoid nasty surprises later on...

Anybody make a map of existing stuff when doing alterations ? Left all 1st floor socket cables taped together ready to go back in.
Just found this after pulling 1/2 the house apart
1a7af4e94996093a52fde4703c6f15e8.jpg

Blasted all the new fronts etc on the other day came to turn on and 2 faults on a 2 leg radial circuit. 1 leg l-n and the other l-e both at this point.
Livin the dream on a Sunday night tho

The bang test worked then?

I am struggling to think how somebody's brain could possibly think that this is correct to leave like that? even with someone who knows absolutely nothing would at least put same colours together.

The bang test worked then?

Not sure what you mean, I could take great offence at that [emoji23]
Carried out a full periodic prior which was fine and then retested prior to reconnection
I had removed all existing sockets which were skirting mounted and taped all cables together and left poking out of floorboards. Skirting have been replaced. Then went back and fore adding a socket here and there due to the customer being an indecisive cock. Chippy/builder/plumber/plasterer/customer/postman etc must have untaped then pushed under floor then twisted conductors together and put boards back down, which did make my day last week when it should have been finished

Reply to Fault finding maps in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net