Discuss For old time House Bashers only in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Still have a few of the yellow handled screw drivers knocking about as well! lol I have seen a set of the old wooden step ladders going for a stupid amount on ebay after they were tagged as "vintage" lol
Those yellow handled screwdrivers used to make your tongue go numb if you held them in your mouth whilst working - I think they were made of cocaine!

Anyone know what those old toolbags that Carpenters used, made out of a sort of sacking?

Not sure which one you are talking about...

As an apprentice, you were issued a small leather wallet not much bigger than a pencil case to hold three screwdrivers, cutters, wire strippers and 81's (long nose pliers)...

Later you were issued the larger leather No3 wallet which was actually a very useful size..

vintage-gpo-bt-tool-wallet-no3_360_6f2db32252c9e1df350fb9c006ec8ecc.jpg

The photo above includes the small hand auger, but I recall a larger one which had a metal eye instead of a tee handle and was turned using a screw driver as a lever...

I still have a No3 wallet somewhere, I shall have to dig it out...
Nice bt old case, the subs apps boys got them an installation, I was on external. (81's god yes long nose pliers)

The gaffer used to have a toolbag like that, he called it a skep but I don,t think that's right as a skep appears to be a beehive.
A bit different from the fashion posers toolbags of today.

It was two tone , maroon and rust.
The hand brake didn't work and one day it slipped out of gear and crashed into a farm building, but after a bit of hammering out and a new head light it still soldiered on.

Reply to For old time House Bashers only in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net