Discuss Full Certificate and Minor Works Certificates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I thought he was just asking if he is going round the houses with his certs? And if there is a quicker way? Lol
imo atleast he's issuing a bloody certificate, every job i seem to go to recently the client has no paperwork for past work.

every job i seem to go to recently the client has no paperwork for past work.

Whilst it's undoubtedly a hugely common problem, I suspect much of the time that the Client has indeed received the paperwork the recycling bin is soon fed it.

I thought he was just asking if he is going round the houses with his certs? And if there is a quicker way? Lol
imo atleast he's issuing a bloody certificate, every job i seem to go to recently the client has no paperwork for past work.

no invoice and no cert......

I recently went to one where, in exchange for £550 he had a new plastic CU (this was in Dec) and no paperwork. Aparently the chap was there for about 6 hours.....

So about £470 gross profit for a days work and no tax to pay.....

and obviously no Part P

I recently went to one where, in exchange for £550 he had a new plastic CU (this was in Dec) and no paperwork. Aparently the chap was there for about 6 hours.....

and obviously no Part P

I also had a job end of Dec, upgraded bathrooms in 2 neighbouring houses owned by same people. 'New' plastic db's in each with shower circuit in 1, all accessories and db's second hand.
'Electrician' was hobbling in the nights after work and stayed in one house til 11.30 and left after disconnecting hallway light due to dual rcd trip.
No bonding in either, other house had existing l-e-n fault which was left in place, all with big promises to return.
Customers paid over £600 each per house plus my charges to put right after the other guy disappeared. No invoices, Certs or notification either

and obviously no Part P

great that isnt it... How people have the balls and plain cheek to charge like that. Im crap at pricing; hold my hands up, i bet 60% of the time ive gone in to cheap and end up kicking myself - then you hear about people charging like that for a cu change.

Is that domestic or commercial? And where abouts are you, i suppose pricing differs around the country. I only have 4-5 spark mates and i think the general price range for us is consistant at 180-260 depending on what exactly needs doing, had a few conversations about pricing etc. i need to start upping prices just for the new aches and pains that seem to be appearing everyday lol

Is that domestic or commercial? And where abouts are you, i suppose pricing differs around the country. I only have 4-5 spark mates and i think the general price range for us is consistant at 180-260 depending on what exactly needs doing, had a few conversations about pricing etc. i need to start upping prices just for the new aches and pains that seem to be appearing everyday lol

£180 for a CU change and certify? Let me know your details - you can change mine :) Daz

I have only just noticed this after enjoying the Easter break, and I have a feeling it might have slipped under the radar. £180 to £260 for a board change??? Are you fking mental or something? No wonder this industry is in a mess, what do you think charging that amount is going to achieve? Do you do the job properly?? Certs? proper testing? Proper workmanship? Proper evaluation of the other factors involved? This is a joke surely??? I notice you have no quals in your profile, are you a proper sparky or a quick in-out yeee-haaaa?

Last edited:
I have only just noticed this after enjoying the Easter break, and I have a feeling it might have slipped under the radar. £180 to £260 for a board change??? Are you fking mental or something? No wonder this industry is in a mess, what do you think charging that amount is going to achieve? Do you do the job properly?? Certs? proper testing? Proper workmanship? Proper evaluation of the other factors involved? This is a joke surely??? I notice you have no quals in your profile, are you a proper sparky or a quick in-out yeee-haaaa?

what are you on about? I think you need to get down from that shire of a horse you're on son.
1) no my mental health is perfectly fine so i believe.
2)the industry is a mess because im charging that amount for a days work and not because we have complete arse about face ambassadors for the industry that charge us extortionate amounts every three years for another course or another set of books? Good thinking.
3) no i leave all fuxking wires hanging out the front and leave it. Oh and i purposely make sure the board isnt IP rated to IPx4 but it doesnt matter the tails arent terminated anyway, they're hanging out the front with the rest of the curcuit conductors, but its ok i changed the unit like the customer asked... And as for certification, Bin days are every two weeks up here now so id rather do the customer a favour and keep it all in the van.
4) posting qualifications on a public forum, i have no objections to the people that have but id personally prefere not to, is that a problem? I know what i've got, my college tutors know what ive got, the old on-site assessors know what ive got, even the JIB know what i've got, why must i post it publicly?
5) yes i do; do quite a good yee-haa although im no cowboy.

My post was quite misleading in the respect that i didnt put labour only, but if you think i can supply, fit and sign off a full cu change fpr £180 then please ask yourself those questions you just asked me. If you were unsure then juat type out, and ASK like what the other member did before you. Slipped under the radar? Ha! Like i said, climb down from that horse.

i do hope you enjoyed your Easter break.

what are you on about? I think you need to get down from that shire of a horse you're on son.
2)the industry is a mess because im charging that amount for a days work and not because we have complete arse about face ambassadors for the industry that charge us extortionate amounts every three years for another course or another set of books? Good thinking.
3) no i leave all fuxking wires hanging out the front and leave it. Oh and i purposely make sure the board isnt IP rated to IPx4 but it doesnt matter the tails arent terminated anyway, they're hanging out the front with the rest of the curcuit conductors, but its ok i changed the unit like the customer asked... And as for certification, Bin days are every two weeks up here now so id rather do the customer a favour and keep it all in the van.
4) posting qualifications on a public forum, i have no objections to the people that have but id personally prefere not to, is that a problem? I know what i've got, my college tutors know what ive got, the old on-site assessors know what ive got, even the JIB know what i've got, why must i post it publicly?

My post was quite misleading in the respect that i didnt put labour only, but if you think i can supply, fit and sign off a full cu change fpr £180 then please ask yourself those questions you just asked me. If you were unsure then juat type out, and ASK like what the other member did before you. Slipped under the radar? Ha! Like i said, climb down from that horse.

Yes, you should have stated 'labour only' if that's what you meant. Daz

If you don't have any proper quals, then just say so, no need to go off on one, SON. You are correct, your post obviously was misleading, so try and be a bit more accurate in figure. Hope your CU changes are better eh? And yes I Had a great Easter break ta.

If you don't have any proper quals, then just say so, no need to go off on one, SON. You are correct, your post obviously was misleading, so try and be a bit more accurate in figure. Hope your CU changes are better eh? And yes I Had a great Easter break ta.

and go on, what is your take on proper quals? still on that high horse i see, maybe your mrs could buy you a comfortable saddle? Maybe a double for you and that big arse ego.

and go on, what is your take on proper quals? still on that high horse i see, maybe your mrs could buy you a comfortable saddle? Maybe a double for you and that big arse ego.

Without any clue as to your qualifications, and it doesn't have to be specific just saying that you served an apprenticeship in this trade would do (if you have), then we only have your previous posts to base an opinion of your ability on.
Looking at your posts on electrical matters then it's easy to see why people are sceptical of your knowledge and ability

Without any clue as to your qualifications, and it doesn't have to be specific just saying that you served an apprenticeship in this trade would do (if you have), then we only have your previous posts to base an opinion of your ability on.
Looking at your posts on electrical matters then it's easy to see why people are sceptical of your knowledge and ability

I understand that hence have hesitantly put them on, and before anyone points out i know im not as qualified as some, but i am JIB recognised if i bothered to renew my ecs.

can i ask which posts you're refering to?

Reply to Full Certificate and Minor Works Certificates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net