Discuss Full Certificate and Minor Works Certificates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I understand that hence have hesitantly put them on, and before anyone points out i know im not as qualified as some, but i am JIB recognised if i bothered to renew my ecs.

can i ask which posts you're refering to?

Ive never yet bothered with the JIB, and I'm not sure I'd get a very good grade even if I did.
I am however BPA registered!

Posts about a tripping RCD and a garage supply stick in the mind.

(BPA = British Pyrotechnists Association)

Ive never yet bothered with the JIB, and I'm not sure I'd get a very good grade even if I did.
I am however BPA registered!

Posts about a tripping RCD and a garage supply stick in the mind.

(BPA = British Pyrotechnists Association)

Neither do i, when i did it was because i had to.

Rcd tripping, read the thread, i posted that before i went to the job as i had already been there previously and found a faulty appliance, i found the second fault within 20 minutes and i had previously mentioned it to the customer the first visit. Imo doesnt display any incompetency?

Garage supply, i dont think people quite got where i was coming from on that one and it was taken as i was asking for a step by step guide, which i wasnt, maybe i should of outlined my question abit better, i'll hold my hands up on that one. The reason i asked was to get an opinion as i said i just come off 6 months working in rewire teams on high-rise council flats and seeing nothing but trunking an T&E.

Didnt need to explain myself but i have. I got arsey because ive seen people get jumped on on here quite often and it sort of makes out that they know everything and quite frank they dont and it just comes as being arrogant and its not always necessary, i come here to give/take advice not to be jumped on over a mis-typed post about a price.

Neither do i, when i did it was because i had to.

Rcd tripping, read the thread, i posted that before i went to the job as i had already been there previously and found a faulty appliance, i found the second fault within 20 minutes and i had previously mentioned it to the customer the first visit. Imo doesnt display any incompetency?

Garage supply, i dont think people quite got where i was coming from on that one and it was taken as i was asking for a step by step guide, which i wasnt, maybe i should of outlined my question abit better, i'll hold my hands up on that one. The reason i asked was to get an opinion as i said i just come off 6 months working in rewire teams on high-rise council flats and seeing nothing but trunking an T&E.

Didnt need to explain myself but i have. I got arsey because ive seen people get jumped on on here quite often and it sort of makes out that they know everything and quite frank they dont and it just comes as being arrogant and its not always necessary, i come here to give/take advice not to be jumped on over a mis-typed post about a price.

I have read the threads, I have formed an opinion based on them and other posts, much as I am sure you have formed opinions on mine and everyone else's posts. I'm not going to pick them apart and criticise, nor argue about it.

Communicating in a written form on the forum gives the opportunity to proof read posts and edit them for a short time after posting. If after writing the posts, reading through it to check for errors, and then checking it again once posted, you have not managed to communicate effectively and in a precise and technical manner then you have only yourself to blame.
I appreciate that some people have difficulty with spelling or communicating through written English, but on a forum you have no time restriction on how long you spend writing a post so everyone should be able to have proof read and reviewed their posts before posting.
This is after all a technical trade based in both scientific theory and practical ability so everyone here must be capable of effective technical communication to be able to practice their trade so there is no reason not to write clear and understandable posts.

I have read the threads, I have formed an opinion based on them and other posts, much as I am sure you have formed opinions on mine and everyone else's posts. I'm not going to pick them apart and criticise, nor argue about it.

Communicating in a written form on the forum gives the opportunity to proof read posts and edit them for a short time after posting. If after writing the posts, reading through it to check for errors, and then checking it again once posted, you have not managed to communicate effectively and in a precise and technical manner then you have only yourself to blame.
I appreciate that some people have difficulty with spelling or communicating through written English, but on a forum you have no time restriction on how long you spend writing a post so everyone should be able to have proof read and reviewed their posts before posting.
This is after all a technical trade based in both scientific theory and practical ability so everyone here must be capable of effective technical communication to be able to practice their trade so there is no reason not to write clear and understandable posts.

:willy_nilly: Not really getting anywhere here are we. As im on my phone and this forum keeps reloading the browser halfway through messages, i type my posts and press done, thats it. Ive said that on numerous posts. Now im off to go listen to my new bon jovi album.

g'night matey

Then use the forum on a more stable device, it's hardly something which requires urgent attention via a phone.
Or else use the tapatalk app for mobile devices

Reply to Full Certificate and Minor Works Certificates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net