Discuss Gas Valve problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

J

James Sutton

Hello All

One of the buildings I look after has a gas booster valve for the boilers, the boilers are located on the roof the gas booster is where the gas intake is. The building and all the plant is around 30 years old and is in pieces. The problem is every morning the gas valve has dropped out no gas to the boilers. There is a push button reset wired into the gas valve once you press the reset button the valve drivers open. I looked at the panel drawings and have identified where the cct is supplied from there are 2 main relays. Could theses need replacing but i would of thought the relay would supply the live side of the push button reset. I have narrowed it down in way to eithere the relays need replacing or a BMS problem where all the plant in the morning starts up.

Any Help would be Appreciate

Thanks

james

You're either getting a false signal from BMS or the fire alarm which is dropping out one of the relays.

BMS wouldn't normally be connected so as to need a manual reset on the gas valve unless it takes an input from the fire alarm.

If it's always out every morning it's most likely a timed function ,ie BMS.
If it's usually out, but not always it may be the relay failing.

And you mean slam shut gas valve not motorised gas booster pump?

Sorry i mean motorised gas booster. It happens every morning if it was a faulty relay i thought it would drop out during the day. The fire alarm panel was showing a battery fault on the printer so i replaced the battery on Saturday but monday morning it droped out still and there was no fault on the panel.

Reply to Gas Valve problem in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I have a fully pumped Y plan heating system using a Potterton EP2 programmer. Drayton MA1 Diverter valve. I have just replaced the Actuator head...
Replies
Views
For the past few years, I have used a hydronic system (outdoor wood boiler) with both high and low temp working simultaneously. The low temp...
Replies
Views
(Or that might be should a failed HW valve keep boiler running) Woke up this morning to find the boiler still running even though all timers off...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have lifetime experience (50+ years) in United States with basic knowledge of split phase 120/240 volts replacing wall switches and...
Replies
Views
Im making this cct for fun. Ive seen it in a video on youtube, with different IC's. So I decided to adapt the cct to what IC's I already have. And...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock