Discuss Getting Called Back To Do "Snagging" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had a call back to a kitchen we had done the lady claimed she could hear a hissing sound coming from one of the sockets there were lots of cups and plates and bottles in the way when she moved them the sound magically moved with them .....:rolleyes: turned out to be a child’s sippy cup that hadn’t been closed or opened fully this was attended out of hours aswell so became an expensive bottle!! :mad:

I used to work for a firm that made and sold catering equipment. The Leeds branch covered all of North Yorkshire and they had service engineers based all over the place. One Friday evening, just as he was shutting up shop, the manager took a call from an irate fish & chip shop owner in Thirsk. He said that his chip machine had been serviced and now it didn't work.

The guy owned a number of shops so the manager made the 45-minute drive to fix the 'fault'. It turned out that the engineer had left it switched off at the wall after testing it.

Had this same problem a few months ago, i wouldn't mind but i hadent even worked on the lighting circuit with the two way on, turns out they only ever used one of the switches and i had used the other one all of a sudden they think the switch is upside down. Even after I explained it the still looked bewildered. Im glad im not the only one!
Well take switch off wall and fix it the other way up.. make sure you charge him though!

couple of times on call for alarm company, attended "bleeping alarm panel". replacing PP3 in stand alone smoke detector mounted a few feet from alarm panel stopped the bleeping.

Years ago, did an call system in an up market old peoples home in Cheshire. It was an old mansion, bought by a rich eastern/middle eastern doctor, out to make some more money, obviously.
A few weeks after finishing the job, I received a letter accusing us of gross misconduct, leading to the death of an elderly resident, after tripping a over loose carpet on a stairwell.
I attended site and found it to be in an area we hadn't even worked in.....cheeky basket.
Unfortunately, I never charged for the call out, nor found out the outcome..........I was that relieved, I wasn't bothered.....not for the unfortunate victim, of course, God bless.

Last edited:

Reply to Getting Called Back To Do "Snagging" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net