Discuss Gonna buy a combo crew van.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

170,000K could be talking dead gearbox....watch for crunching....though swapping a gearbox is doable (I did the vectras with the old man on a driveway)

I know your set on a combo....but what about a citroen berlingo...quite a lot of them about, many of which treated v gently by older owners...and the car version looks quite a lot like a van and a damn sight cheaper to insure than the van variant....

nice. good price. the HDi engine is a great diesel.

the 2.0 hdi is quite pokey. 0-60 in less than a week.

Got a combo crew after all, 2000 quid 05 plate and 105000 miles so happy medium between age and mileage. Few dings and i think turbo may need doing etc but price reflected this.

Didnt see that LDV one in time or I may've got that. Looks alright that one

It's the cdti with the red lettering for the ti bit. I think this is 100hp version? Goes like stink actually for an old diesel van, more 'sporty' than most vans i've driven.

also if glow plugs need replacing take it to a garage as i have snapped off old glow plug in engine and now ime looking at taking head off .

Reply to Gonna buy a combo crew van.... in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Ok being that I'm no good with making a decision I've narrowed my search for a new van to either Transit Custom 130 SWB Renault Trafic 125 SWB...
Replies
Views
I've just brought a LWB transit custom double cab van and going to get my wood butcher mate to rack the back out etc. Been thinking of putting in...
Replies
Views
B
Ford Transit T280S Van For Sale ONLY £3990 NO VAT New Shape 57 Reg Dec 31 2007 Short Wheel Base Medium high roof 75000 genuine miles MOT end...
Replies
Views
BlueToBits
B
D
Chaps, Just looking at buying a van and currently stuck between a VW Caddy & a Transit Connect. Not sure if I actually need to go bigger than...
Replies
Views
JulianC
J
I
Hi there all, I'm new to the forum, and wanted to ask you all about a number of things. I am new to electrics but take a passion in it Ok I am...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock