Discuss Hager Split CU, RCD now nuisance tripping. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

My colleague attended to test whole cu as I haven't yet completed all of my 2391 only the practical as I was sick at time of written,
He has issued certif and all looked fine. He said he will return with me Sat to Insulation Resistance test the ring in question but I am thinking could be earth leakage from washer as that's only different appliance added and fault started after this. ?

Why do you need the 2391 to do the testing??

Well as far as I am aware I would need to hold full 2391 to be able to test any install or minor works ??
That's why I had to pay my colleague 300 notes to check it for me mate !
and as I hadn't sat the exam I now have to pay whole 2391 course again start to finish ! another £650 over here at college. :-( can't afford it yet due to the kids.

As he stated above, there is nothing that states you need the 2391 to test. Competency is the only word used in the regs.

£300 for a mate to test? Rip off! I know Jersey is expensive but that is a joke....

Hmmm I know a lot of guys who were NICEIC or held 2391 were going all over testing for others and charging cash private jobs £650 a board single phase and more for 415V Polestar boards etc..

I have only my 2360 part 2 and "C" Course passed but not the testing ticket unfortunately. But you guys are right, maybe I should get some test kit and do my own in future as I can carry out the schedule just not probably sign off the results.

Hmmm I know a lot of guys who were NICEIC or held 2391 were going all over testing for others and charging cash private jobs £650 a board single phase and more for 415V Polestar boards etc..

I have only my 2360 part 2 and "C" Course passed but not the testing ticket unfortunately. But you guys are right, maybe I should get some test kit and do my own in future as I can carry out the schedule just not probably sign off the results.

Did your mate do any tests for you before you changed the board? Always very good practice!

I know most of us on here would change the board and fully test, certify and notify for much less than that!

Cripes - you'll get overrun with sparkies with rates like that!!

Reply to Hager Split CU, RCD now nuisance tripping. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net