Discuss Help needed. Garage wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

et tu, brute.

Well, can safely say its all completed, every bit installed by myself, and inspected and tested by a qualified electrician, whom was more than happy with the work i had done. I guess any “donkey” can do these types of jobs.

Well, can safely say its all completed, every bit installed by myself, and inspected and tested by a qualified electrician, whom was more than happy with the work i had done. I guess any “donkey” can do these types of jobs.

Congrats. Did the electrician give you a cert?

Good to hear, you work fast for someone who was apparently working today while making 50k.

I'd love to see some pictures of your install that you done, we can give some feedback on what has been done to aid you in your learning of course.

Well yea your right, i wasnt working today. Feel free to come over an have a look. Guests are always welcome. Why have you to be so nasty about this davespark? Why not give someone a little credit. An take my word for it.
As the walls sockets etc where already wired in before it didnt actually take me that long to change over.
hardest part was connecting to new sub CU.

Last edited:
So mate, did you get a cert from the electrician?

Well yea your right, i wasnt working today. Feel free to come over an have a look. Guests are always welcome. Why have you to be so nasty about this davespark? Why not give someone a little credit. An take my word for it.
As the walls sockets etc where already wired in before it didnt actually take me that long to change over.
hardest part was connecting to new sub CU.

I am not being nasty, I do believe after giving you some friendly advice you started a personal attack against another person and I, as well as insulting and belittling us.

The whole "I have an Electrician coming to test it" routine is very old on this forums. No one believes it for a second as it is quite far-fetched that someone would simply turn up and put their name to something.

All electrical work (in the UK at least) requires certification. Perhaps not local authority notification depending on your area, but at least some kind of certification. If you didn't get a certificate then how do you know the installation was tested to the correct standard and complied with BS7671?

Also I didn't notice any glands in your pile of goodies, so that calls into question the installation methods of part of your install in my mind.

You came here seeking help with eagerness to learn, but all you have actually done is disregarded what people have said and took insult to genuine advice. Not an ideal way to learn is it?

And I've just seen a pig flying past the window ...........

Such a bunch of immature children!
So because it wasnt in the box i didnt have it? What about all the tools i used aswell? Suppose ive screwed everything up with my hands because the tools werent pictured “in the box” IDIOT! And the regs over here is different than in england. Davidspark, i did mention in a comment underneath my rant that is wasnt aimed at you. There was no offence taken from your comment. And there is also no need for anyone to put their name to the work that was done. You may go read up on regulations in NI there are currently no statutory requirments for domestic installation in NI.

Such a bunch of immature children!
So because it wasnt in the box i didnt have it? What about all the tools i used aswell? Suppose ive screwed everything up with my hands because the tools werent pictured “in the box” IDIOT! And the regs over here is different than in england. Davidspark, i did mention in a comment underneath my rant that is wasnt aimed at you. There was no offence taken from your comment. And there is also no need for anyone to put their name to the work that was done. You may go read up on regulations in NI there are currently no statutory requirments for domestic installation in NI.

In Northern Ireland we work to BS7671, exactly the same regulations as England, Wales, Scotland. As part of BS7671 the work needs tested and relevant certificate issued.

Reply to Help needed. Garage wiring in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net