Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Help with Scottish Qualifications in the Electrical Courses & Electrical NVQ's area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Tyson Fury

Tyson Fury New EF Member

Business Name:
    None
    Hello, so I have recently decided that I wish to partake upon the task of becoming a qualified electrician (I know it's a pretty lengthy process). However, I am 26 years old and have been told that attaining an apprenticeship in the central belt of Scotland will be hard due to my age. I am simply doing an NQ course this year and find it easy (obviously) and probably going to end up doing an NC course next year.

What are your thoughts? What qualifications should I attempt? What are my best options? I am currently sitting a higher maths course in the evening in order to show some initiative and improve my maths, and going to attempt to do a higher physics course alongside my NC course next year. I have to pay for my courses due to being from England, though that doesn't really bother me at all.

Thank you for any input that you may have. I greatly appreciate it.

2. richy3333

richy3333 Forum Mentor

Look at the SECTT website for info. My apprentice is 26.

3. Tyson Fury

Tyson Fury New EF Member

Business Name:
    None
    Thank you very much. Probably won’t be for another year that I do apply to become an apprentice though as deciding to do another year on a level 6 electrical course a few towns away in order to really solidify what I’ve been taught. Thank you and I shall check out the website. Think I’ve checked it out a few days ago and applied for the SECCT apprenticeship test

4. richy3333

richy3333 Forum Mentor

Its my understanding that to do the apprenticeship course you have to be employed by a company to see you through the course. Block release. There is also an adult version but I don't know how you get on this.