Discuss Hourly Rates for employed spark?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

you're mental working for that IMO.From your posts it's clear you know what your up to...wouldn't some kind of managerial position pay more?
perhaps lee, I wouldn't mind doing the level 4 2396 or EALs version of design and verification trouble is the only place I've seen that offers it up here is york.
May do it next year and take a holiday from work.
The Mrs still wants her holiday in the sun tho :)

Minimum, ÂŁ16 per hour. Equates to basic pay roughly 30k per year. Additionally vehicle provided or allowance, overtime, holiday pay, pension etc etc

That all sounds lovely but unfortunately speaking as a sole trader with one apprentice and having to be competitive to keep the work flowing there's no way I could afford that. Maybe big companies who have ridiculous hourly rates could, not me though.

That all sounds lovely but unfortunately speaking as a sole trader with one apprentice and having to be competitive to keep the work flowing there's no way I could afford that. Maybe big companies who have ridiculous hourly rates could, not me though.
As a sole trader that's understandable. I presume you'd use sub contractors or agency labour hire as and when required. I was referring to to the op about employed sparks rates.

As a sole trader that's understandable. I presume you'd use sub contractors or agency labour hire as and when required. I was referring to to the op about employed sparks rates.

I generally just do as much as I can cope with and have to turn some work down when the customer expects it done yesterday or it's too big for the pair of us but a surprising number will revise their expectations and wait . I could probably expand but it's a lottery getting the right help, I think I'm too much of a worrier but have very high standards and fear somebody coming in and ruining my reputation, still we make a good living. :)

Minimum, ÂŁ16 per hour. Equates to basic pay roughly 30k per year. Additionally vehicle provided or allowance, overtime, holiday pay, pension etc etc
I'd love very much ÂŁ16 per hour! I would be substantially better off. Haven't had a pay rise in years, but everything is getting more expensive, not much left over each month to be put into savings. Been looking after the out of hours phone for the last 5+ years, some pay for holding that would be nice, that just stopped. Overtime rate would be nice, we don't even get it for working Sundays any more. Fortunately I live alone and don't smoke or drink, I'd struggle if I had any kids.

I don't think that there is many companies that are JIB anymore I don't think that I know of any in Northampton that are. The rates are mostly determined by supply and demand we've got a very good day rate and the company we sub-contract labour only to keeps on asking if we know any electricians and it seems that any good ones we know of are in work.
Anthony , who is this company looking for sparks , I'm Daventry based and looking as site dried up a bit , can you help

Reply to Hourly Rates for employed spark?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net