Currently reading:
How can I speed up?

Discuss How can I speed up? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hello,
I am an apprentice electrician doing work mostly on domestic 3 bed house rewires (do flats and other houses as well but most are 3 bed houses) we normally do the rewires in 1 day (start about 8 and finish time varies between 2-3 (if lucky) and 4-6 most of the time)
The issue is that it the it takes me too long to do the upstairs (loft, fit lights and switches and chop, Capp and fit sockets then clean up) and it can take me all day to do this and some times the people I work with have to come up and fits some of the sockets as they have finished the downstairs.

How can I speed up?

Thanks.

Ah, the old 'bang test'.

Done it many times with old PILC's, some over 50 years old. One I know of is now 75 years old and still going, I re-terminated it 25 years ago.

"It's a bit low".
"Once it's warmed up it'll get better."
They did, never had one fail.

For industrial the minimum reading isn’t what it says in the 17[SUP]th[/SUP].
Based on 1M Ώ you lot would condemn every large motor or feeder circuit in a plant.

I was taught (M&Q) 1/10,000 leakage current is permissible based on the circuit FLC. So say a 550V 400A feeder. What would you let it go at?
You can work it out for yourself, I have it in a spreadsheet.

Exactly what they said to me!!lol "Its a rewire, if owt was wrong, the rcbo would trip within seconds"!! If I found owt wrong when I did the full tests, the company would send them back to sort it out.

All I can say, is that at the time I was still wet behind the ears and I did what they said!!! It was only after a few months, I reallised what I was actually doing!!lol
and even then they`d be talking out of their botty holes....caus it would be mS...wouldn`t it....lol..

By rewiring so "fast" it is obvious that your cable runs are not clipped as they should be and are they run at 90d or
at a tangent between points ?
Remember it is your competencies that your employer and yourself are monitoring.
Is the work you do all surface ?

Reply to How can I speed up? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock