Discuss Im totally confused over my electric meters. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Glenn Masters

Hi there

Im renting a flat and have 2 x electric meters in it with what looks like one connected to a time switch. I have under floor heating of which I dont use.

I phoned my electric supplier asking to switch tarrifs and was advised that I can but because of the type of meters I have they said I have get them changed but would have to rewire the whole flat??
Also some electric companies say they cannot accept me as a customer because of this type of meter I have.

Can anyone help.

Thanks

Sounds like an old Economy 7 set up. Not sure why you would have to rewire the flat to get the meters changed though

No im not on british gas im with EDF.

I will try and get some photo's on here soon to help. If im on a preserved tarrif can I get on it. Dono if it helps but both of my meters are the old fashoned type with the spinning wheel.

Not sure what area you are,
in my area (southern electric) to get off a preserved tariff you ask to go on economy 7 but once you change you can not go back.
preserved tariffs have differing off peak times than economy 7

Hi there

Im renting a flat and have 2 x electric meters in it with what looks like one connected to a time switch. I have under floor heating of which I dont use.

I phoned my electric supplier asking to switch tarrifs and was advised that I can but because of the type of meters I have they said I have get them changed but would have to rewire the whole flat??
Also some electric companies say they cannot accept me as a customer because of this type of meter I have.

Can anyone help.

Thanks
probably old economy 7s..

is the dis-board a `dual` one?..
like over n under?

- - - Updated - - -

may be a duel bullit service head as well..

Reply to Im totally confused over my electric meters. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net