Discuss Initial verification in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

R32

Hi guys very new to this site and PV systems, below is a typical exam type question could anyone help me understand what an initial verification is and what paperwork would be associated with it. Thanks in advance

An electrical installation in a new semidetached home is powered by a PV system providing 230v AC via a grid tied inverter.

Fully describe how you would undertake an initial verification of this installation including completion of all the relevant documentation

No I don't. Do you recommend getting one? Is it possible to give me a helping hand without? I have the red BS7671 on site guide but nothing other than that.

OK thanks yellowvanman, just to confirm after looking at my guide i guess the initial verification is the testing procedure to confirm all conductors are dead before any work can start?
Do you know of any paperwork associated with this? Best Regards

An initial verification, is the verification conducted to verify the new installation or the work carried out for an addition or alteration to an existing installation, complies with the requirements of the Regulations.
An initial verification should be carried out on all new work.
The paperwork, would be an Electrical Installation Certificate, or in the case of an addition or alteration to an existing circuit, a Minor Works Electrical Installation Certificate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Initial verification in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello everyone, I'm currently working on a project to upgrade an existing renewable energy system and could really use some expert advice. The...
Replies
Views
I had a PV system installed by a local reputable manufacturer last autumn; since then, I've received conflicting advice regarding the consumer...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Victron Multiplus-II 5kVA inverter/charger with Pylontech US5000 batteries installed in my house along with a 6.8kWp PV array and...
Replies
Views
having enrolled myself onto an electricians course at the end of jan, after deciding on a complete career change of baker/retail worker in the 25...
Replies
Views
Hello All Can I say to start with I am not an electrician but used to be a heating engineer (yes I can hear the groans). I have wired the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock