Discuss It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Leytonstone stabbing: Man 'screams this is for Syria' after horror attack in Tube station - Mirror Online

So how long until every police officer needs to be armed with deadly weapons ( Guns ) the officer in the video tasers the terrorist with little effect.
If we are going to expect the police to protect us in the fight against terrorism then surely they need the equipment to do so and also on a similar note I can see everyday civilians starting to Arm themselves very soon if things escalate with local random attcks like this.

What are your thoughts is it time to arm every officer in the uk,because while I don't want to end up like America and therir gun laws I also think it is unrealistic to send a police officer with a taser to face a terrorist with either a gun or an explosive device. please discuss;

Typical over reaction - there's dozens of stabbings all over the Country everyday, there's 100s of 1000s of disaffected folks suffering in deprived areas who can't see any way out of the pit of poverty our Governments have thrown them into - Syria is just a timely convenient focal point for their anger.

I don't see calls for all police to be armed due to the decades of domestic "incidents" with kitchen implements, or as a result of gang related slashings - yet now that a dark skinned chap has jumped on the Syrian bandwagon .......

Leytonstone stabbing: Man 'screams this is for Syria' after horror attack in Tube station - Mirror Online

So how long until every police officer needs to be armed with deadly weapons ( Guns ) the officer in the video tasers the terrorist with little effect.
If we are going to expect the police to protect us in the fight against terrorism then surely they need the equipment to do so and also on a similar note I can see everyday civilians starting to Arm themselves very soon if things escalate with local random attcks like this.

What are your thoughts is it time to arm every officer in the uk,because while I don't want to end up like America and therir gun laws I also think it is unrealistic to send a police officer with a taser to face a terrorist with either a gun or an explosive device. please discuss;

Wholeheartedly agree with you

Sean the difference is that a lot of the time you could talk and armed man down but not quite as easy with a radicalised terrorist, there is no bargaining with them when in their eyes they think they are going to paradise. You are entitled to your views as am I. But I think it is a bit naive to think this isn't going to get worse.

Yeah but Clive surely I'm not the only one that can see it is about to get a whole lot worse, with attacks in the uk, Also cars, kitchen implements and local gangs don't kill 140+ innocent people in paris or walk into a tube station and either stab or blow up a train full of innocent civilians.

Yeah but Clive surely I'm not the only one that can see it is about to get a whole lot worse, with attacks in the uk, Also cars, kitchen implements and local gangs don't kill 140+ innocent people in paris or walk into a tube station and either stab or blow up a train full of innocent civilians.

My response was a bit tongue in cheek.

Problem is that these morons are not in uniform, so how the "rest of the world" are supposed to deal with them is beyond me. This issue goes back to the exploding population, health improvements and no prospects in numerous countries - so there are countless numbers of young people with little or nothing to do.....

Many of these radicals see western Europe as an easy touch to reek their evil trade, to counter this evil we, that is western Europe and that includes the UK, need to Police with vigor, and give the police on the front line the right tools for the job, the days of PC 49 are gone, the sooner we arm our beat bobbies and give them the backing they deserve the better, in my opinion.

Glen unfortunately it is something that is more and more likely to happen. Less than 5 yrs ago you would never have seen police in a station with weapons, now at most main line stations in London they are quite prevalent.

I think within the next 2 yrs most squad cars will have firearms in them, if not already.

Plod can't control the panda cars they got, they can't resist turning them into lethal missiles while chasing kids on scooters - thinking they should now be armed is naive, reckless scaremongering and in this situation it smacks of something far worse than a fear of knife crime.

Plod can't control the panda cars they got, they can't resist turning them into lethal missiles while chasing kids on scooters - thinking they should now be armed is naive, reckless scaremongering and in this situation it smacks of something far worse than a fear of knife crime.

Hello Sean you back again son ................must be a slow day in there for you

So sean how are we going to stop terrorist who walk into shopping complex over xmas armed with weapons are you going to go in and stop them!!!
Whether you like them or not the police force is our first line of defense in the uk, would you be happy to let them walk into a situation un armed and un prepared.

I don't like to even think of this scenario but for a moment imagine if this does escalate and one day you are sat in your local restaurant when an handful of terrorists walk in with guns and start shooting at you and other diners are you telling me that the 1st number you think of dialling isn't 999. Now this may sound far fetched at the moment but those poor victims in Paris probably didn't expect what happened to them either.
It is Time people woke up and realised what is just around the corner.

You seem to have some kind of axe to grind with our police force here and our government, I'm not saying what you post is right or wrong but you accuse members of scaremongering then say the plod can't resist turning their cars into lethal missiles - now are we catagorising our whole force as been inept and dangerous psychco's unable to take on the responsibility here - surely not as that would amount to scaremongering, would it not?

So sean how are we going to stop terrorist who walk into shopping complex over xmas armed with weapons are you going to go in and stop them!!!
Whether you like them or not the police force is our first line of defense in the uk, would you be happy to let them walk into a situation un armed and un prepared.

I don't like to even think of this scenario but for a moment imagine if this does escalate and one day you are sat in your local restaurant when an handful of terrorists walk in with guns and start shooting at you and other diners are you telling me that the 1st number you think of dialling isn't 999. Now this may sound far fetched at the moment but those poor victims in Paris probably didn't expect what happened to them either.
It is Time people woke up and realised what is just around the corner.

Quite right

How anyone can say that current events are scaremongering is mindblowing, I was watching the news the other day and 2 women were saying how wrong it is to bomb isis, now it's an awful thought but I wonder if they would be saying the same thing if one of their loved ones had been killed by them.
I don't think we can even say if this happens it's more a case of when!! to think we are not going to come under attack very soon is just plain and simply naive.
Let's see what all the do gooders say when there are weekly attacks on the uk streets.

For everyone saying that more people are killed by other means, and that terrorist incidents, thankfully, are rare. I agree.

The problem comes when madmen are randomly trying to murder people, and with all police armed, even with tasers, these incidents can be stopped a lot quicker.

But it's not gonna happen, and we must deal with these things now.

Ask yourself these questions ....

How many people will die this winter because they can't afford to eat properly or heat their homes ?

How many have died this year on the roads ?

How many will die due to a shortage of resource in the NHS.

How many will die this year due to the affects of self inflicted illness, through smoking and over eating.

How many will die due to the actions of a very few radicals.

When you've got the answers, when youve realized how many allready are dying in this Country through our inaction over things we really do have control over, then go figure out where our effects should be spent.

Obvioulsy the above only applies if you want to focus on maximizing the number of lives saved in this Country.

I won't go through this properly, but are you really saying that we shouldn't care about stopping terrorists murdering innocent people because lots of other people die?

No, just prioritize our concern and effort with due regard to the actual quantity of lives able to be saved.

It's a simple concept.

Ask yourself these questions ....

How many people will die this winter because they can't afford to eat properly or heat their homes ?

How many have died this year on the roads ?

How many will die due to a shortage of resource in the NHS.

How many will die this year due to the affects of self inflicted illness, through smoking and over eating.

How many will die due to the actions of a very few radicals.

When you've got the answers, when youve realized how many allready are dying in this Country through our inaction over things we really do have control over, then go figure out where our effects should be spent.

Obvioulsy the above only applies if you want to focus on maximizing the number of lives saved in this Country.

Sean
Most of the issues you raised are correct, and there is action ongoing to try and prevent these things, granted not all are working all that well but government is trying (no I'm not a Tory before you ask) but what are we doing on the home front to counteract these evil acts as shown in the video at the start this thread? giving our copper Tasers that don't work, you don't have to shoot to kill every time, I'm sure there are firearm systems out there that can incapacitate the perp, shouting "Taser Taser Taser" at them is a joke, made even worse when it doesn't work. There was a Politician many years ago that predicted something like this would happen, unfortunately he was branded as a Racist, which I believe was untrue, the Government at the time choose to ignore him, sadly.

Reply to It's getting worse in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock