Discuss Landlord EICR certificates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
In April I had 2 EICRs done on two properties both of which failed and required along with other things new consumer units. i had the same electrician fit these and paid him in full and now after much messaging to him he says he cannot issue them until he gets Buildind regulation certificates from the council, is this correct or do i need to take further action to try to get these certificates as to say the least his communication skills are zero and these certificates are a legal requirement for me.

The electrician that did the consumer unit changes should have issued you with electrical installation certification AND the building control compliance certificate. (Thats how it is with NAPIT anyway) he has no need to withold any certification especially as he's been payed.

Reply to Landlord EICR certificates in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Private tenant since 2011. First ever eicr February 23 informed via text it failed by text from electric secretary arranging appointment for...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I had a new consumer unit installed in December 2021, the electrician said that he had more testing to complete and would come back...
Replies
Views
Afternoon all, Just wondering what everyone's response to the following scenario is. Letting agents have asked us to carry out an EICR. There was...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently had an EICR done at my property which unfortunately was unsatisfactory. So the electrican advised a new fuseboard from BG General...
Replies
Views
Recently been working on a system design for a LL. I was told the building would be a three floor 16 room HMO, so the design was done to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock