Discuss LED 6FEET GARAGE LIGHT BATTENS in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all .i am after some thoughts on what you regard as good quality and reliable makes of led battens for a garage. I want 6 feet led battens that give out the same light output or more as standard flourecent unit.

Have seen some on ebay buy quality looks cheap and nasty.

Any good quality makes out there that people can recommend?

Are knightbridge led units any good?

I can recommend KSR Navara X fittings. They come in all lengths and a couple of output variations per length to simulate the output of single or twin fittings.
You should get an electrician to fit these for you to make sure the install is done safely.

just off topic a bit. i need a LED constant current driver. 300mA, 36V - 90V. have tried a 36V - 75V but it won't do. the LEDs flick on then go off. I've tried cpc, google, etc. can't finf a 90V unit anywgere.

just off topic a bit. i need a LED constant current driver. 300mA, 36V - 90V. have tried a 36V - 75V but it won't do. the LEDs flick on then go off. I've tried cpc, google, etc. can't finf a 90V unit anywgere.

Could this one satisfy your requirement?

MW APC-35-350 - Power supply 28-100 V, 350 mA - https://www.reichelt.com/gb/en/?LANGUAGE=EN&CTYPE=0&MWSTFREE=0&CCOUNTRY=447&ARTICLE=170906&PROVID=2788&wt_guka=22596714617_79177294217&PROVID=2788&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwMjsm-Sb2gIVhLDtCh3SsAqKEAQYBSABEgKuEvD_BwE

I hate to say it but I fitted a LAP 6' batton from Screwfix the other day and it had very good light output. Only downside is it only has connections on the ends so centre fed would be troublesome.

I hate to say it but I fitted a LAP 6' batton from Screwfix the other day and it had very good light output. Only downside is it only has connections on the ends so centre fed would be troublesome.
Hi. Yes have seen the lap type in screwfix and agree rear entry point for wiring connections is no good.
I just want a simple straight swap over type where mounting holes are in more or less the same place as original flourecent type i have.

Knightbridge ones for sale at TLC ok?

Hi. Yes have seen the lap type in screwfix and agree rear entry point for wiring connections is no good.
I just want a simple straight swap over type where mounting holes are in more or less the same place as original flourecent type i have.

Knightbridge ones for sale at TLC ok?

You could try a local electrical wholesaler.

I've put a few LED battens, supplied by my local Rexel branch. It's like their WR essential range. No complaints and centre wiring point. Guess other wholesalers would be the same.

I bought the 5’ for my own use as the price was good and the IP rating what I need for outdoors. Nice light fitting and end entry with stuffing gland is ok for what I need.

Looking at whats out there at the minute I got it seems two options .
Fit 6feet single led battens to replace my exsisting 4 none faulty flourecent versions but will only have a maximum lumens of 3150 so wont be as bright as standard flourecents, or fit double 5 feet led versions and lumens increase to 5250

And fit two double 6 feet led versions to replace my believed faulty flourecent single units.

I am going to check what the lumens rating are of the flourecent i have but cost versus brightness flourecent is still a brighter light from what i can find.

Reply to LED 6FEET GARAGE LIGHT BATTENS in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net