Discuss Lighting installation design/calculations in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gazdkw82

-
Arms
Reaction score
I'm doing a little project for a family member to change all the lighting in his unit.

I've created the project on relux, picked the fittings and am happy with the design and suggested lux levels.

The next step is working out the costs of the existing installation in relation to the proposed new design.

They have already had a local firm come and creat a plan but they were not happy and o can see why as the fittings they chose we're way over the top.

Anyway, I'm new to all this so I've decided to copy the platform they used for the comparisons, however I'm a little stuck.

On the existing circuit section they have "load" as one of the sections. I'm a little confused on how they have came up with the figures. For 14 highway fittings, total power of 1372w they have a load of 1.37?

Is the load the average load on the circuit based on the current installation? So 1372/230 = 5.96A?

Thanks in advance

1372 watts = 1.37kw, your calc. of 5.96A is correct using 230V as the supply voltage.

Reply to Lighting installation design/calculations in the Lighting Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello, I'm replacing standard light switches in my hall and landing with touch switches (not smart, just touch on/off) like these from Amazon...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys I've fitted a few emergency lighting circuits to both domestic and commercial installs before, I've come across one I can't get my head...
Replies
Views
Hi little lost on a question for lvl 4 design verification Can anyone guide me to any calculations or formulas Its for a 4.35m x 2.8m plant room...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I have some industrial lighting circuits to wire in a workshop and was after some fresh ideas/suggestions as to how i could best do this...
Replies
Views
I am looking at installation of an architectural dimmer, that is will supply 6 channels, with 20A circuits each (2400W ea). Our hall has can light...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock