Discuss Losing voltage at E stop in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Why not collage?...at night?...distance learning?...

You could get someone to design these things then you install it. Work to there spec.

You just need to be covering your --- wade. If anything went wrong you'd be left high and dry. You'd be responsible for the whole thing with no defense. As you know competence is prooved with qualifications. If your company wants you to do this kind of work then get them to pay for your training.

Otherwise tell them you cant do it and explain nicely why, that it's out of your scope. Look after number one squire because there only be you there if the poop hits the fan.:thumbup:

He's also got a high level Law related degree, so I think, our Mr Wade might not be as naive as you all think!

Uni...

I know quite a few people who passed thru our Unis with good grades and irrelevant job prospects!

J... sports science degree... now soldering encoders
D... biology + psychology... now safety health & environment
S... sociology + maths... now safety health & environment
A... mechatronics... now portrait photographer
P... geography + history... now sound engineer

Uni... proves you can read books and party with a mortar-board!

Uni...

I know quite a few people who passed thru our Unis with good grades and irrelevant job prospects!

J... sports science degree... now soldering encoders
D... biology + psychology... now safety health & environment
S... sociology + maths... now safety health & environment
A... mechatronics... now portrait photographer
P... geography + history... now sound engineer

Uni... proves you can read books and party with a mortar-board!

Well, I'm glad I went then!, judging by the average posts you get on internet forums... :smilielol5:

Graduating in a subject never meant you'd follow that path, it's an indication of ones intellectual ability.
You're above examples are either cases of they couldn't get the career they wanted or it's an alternative path they have chosen to tread. Remember, since Blair's 50% degree policy, most are probably not worth the paper they're printed on!

At least we can think for ourselves most of the time........

Oh yes, and how did we party at the tax payers expense!!!!! hahahahahahaha

When has qualifications had anything to do with being a plant manager?
Talking bollox and being able to blame someone else is all that’s needed.

I hated every minute of being shift production manager. It was crazy, I could fix a problem. But if I did it went down as a production stoppage, palm it off on to engineering and it would take longer but didn’t go on my shifts lost production figures. It was always engineering’s fault.
It’s called accountancy, something else I hated.

If anyone mentions “man management” to me again, I’ll throttle them!

Who needs f*****g anger management!

One thing I did learn, protect you’re shift team at all costs. I’d fight tooth and nail for them. It paid off in our production figures, and my monthly bonus.

This link is now obsolete.

Also, if you are designing to a standard then it is deemed in law that you must be in posession of said standard, if you are not, then you will be deemed as not compliant.
When is it going to be realised that machinery safety is not a walk in the park.
There is STATUTE, i.e. CRIMINAL law involved, break it & you can go to jail.
Wake up and smell the Coffee FFS.
If you are not competent, then get someone who is before you kill someone.

BTW, did you all know there is now a 5 day course that makes you a fully qualified, domestic, commercial, industrial & control systems electrician, that is after 5 days you are competent to work on ANY electrical systems, including design, and inspection & testing etc....

Lol @ post 40 :)

Post that on your office wall mate and frame it and hopefully it'll help you talk to the 'yung'uns' in 20 years time when you know it all and their asking questions and you either can't be arsed or you treat them like kid's who should know...........we all do it mate even with our own:)

No-one here is trying to ridicule.............just that everyone has different ways of teaching/coaching..........what's your way going to be?

:confused5:

Think I’ll start a nuclear power plant management course.
I can stand and waffle for 5 days about something I know bog all about. (Requisite for management positions.)

I’ll even give a diploma to the candidate that can stay awake for the whole five days!

Reply to Losing voltage at E stop in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net