Discuss LOT20 - just thought id start a rant in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

What? With an Audi do you have to drive standing up unless you buy a seat?
better off standing in an audi. that way your legs are ready to walk when it breaks down.

better off standing in an audi. that way your legs are ready to walk when it breaks down.
A mechanic pal of mine once told me in regards to VAG (VW AUDI GROUP) “VW / Audi ain’t what they used to be. Seems when they took on Skoda, Skoda learned a lot from VW, but also VW learned a lot from Skoda!”

A mechanic pal of mine once told me in regards to VAG (VW AUDI GROUP) “VW / Audi ain’t what they used to be. Seems when they took on Skoda, Skoda learned a lot from VW, but also VW learned a lot from Skoda!”

There is truth in that . To be fair the older Skodas' were better than the newer ones .
I have said this before; my mate has a fleet of Skoda Taxis from around 03 to present day. One of them was taken out of service just short of one million miles on the clock : Not because it was worn out , but because of it's age. It was sold on to one of the lads cheap, and is still running on the same engine to this date. They were all meticulously serviced and maintained. Most of them have over 3 hundred thousand miles on them , some over five hundred thousand.
The newer replacements are causing problems with nowhere near these mileages . Good business for one and not the other?
The newer Audis' are a more common sight in the workshop too; along with the Merc's

LOT20... what a bloody P**S take..
used to fit a certain heater for customers and wall mount it, the heater came with feet and wall brackets attached to bottom.
Now due to LOT20 they no longer include the brackets on the bottom and its no longer suitable for wall mounting... have to use the feet only..
Except it is exactly the same model, same thermostat controls etc.. same power output and usage... only difference is the lack of little metal brackets....
But being a lot20 model they charge an extra £6.99!!
As i said a P**S take! i have acquired my own source of suitable brackets though :D

LOT20... what a bloody P**S take..
used to fit a certain heater for customers and wall mount it, the heater came with feet and wall brackets attached to bottom.
Now due to LOT20 they no longer include the brackets on the bottom and its no longer suitable for wall mounting... have to use the feet only..
Except it is exactly the same model, same thermostat controls etc.. same power output and usage... only difference is the lack of little metal brackets....
But being a lot20 model they charge an extra £6.99!!
As i said a P**S take! i have acquired my own source of suitable brackets though :D
We sell the brackets separately :)

There's a stigma attached to driving an Audi; if you drive an Audi that makes you 'an Audi driver' - the new 'BMW driver'.
I've never owned or even driven an Audi, but I have driven past a lot of Audis which have broken down at the side of the road. Also either the indicators are extremely unreliable or the 'type of people' who drive them don't seem to think they need to bother indicating.

It also means that for one particular range we no longer sell wall brackets with it. It now only comes with feet. This makes it a portable appliance and LOT 20 doesn't apply.
This sounds like the idea behind chopping plugs off appliances and wiring them into FCUs so you don't have to bother PAT testing them because "the P is for Portable".

There's a stigma attached to driving an Audi; if you drive an Audi that makes you 'an Audi driver' - the new 'BMW driver'.
Also either the indicators are extremely unreliable or the 'type of people' who drive them don't seem to think they need to bother indicating.
Makes me smile. Over the last 10 yrs I've had BMW, then Audi and now a Skoda to try and keep out of this "busted blinkers" set, and of course to save up for the Ferrari van :) .

It's not entirely a joke. Loads of people are dumb enough that a 4-bit microcontroller in a product can do a better job of managing their energy consumption. And it's totally different to the vacuum cleaner thing. Cheap high-powered vacuums didn't clean any better, they just dissipated more heat because it was cheaper for makers to sell an inefficient 1400W cleaner than an efficient 500W one with the same suction power. The regs on that were to reverse the trend to cheap rubbish inefficient fans. Of course you can't make a heater more efficient (the video is a bit misleading on that) so you have to make a more efficient user. And firmware upgrades to users are contentious from a human rights perspective!

I've never owned or even driven an Audi, but I have driven past a lot of Audis which have broken down at the side of the road. Also either the indicators are extremely unreliable or the 'type of people' who drive them don't seem to think they need to bother indicating.
That's because a lot of them are a bit daft and have actually run out of fuel not broken down.

Reply to LOT20 - just thought id start a rant in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net