Discuss Maximum cable length.........?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

think you have to dissassociate the earthig from the house and TT the charger. need to have a look at the amendment.

ps, re volt drop calcs, I'd think the customer for an EV is unlikely to be into wasting energy, and it will be used daily for large amounts of energy flow, so personally I'd be working to 1% losses or lower.

I doubt they'd be too impressed to find out that it was costing them 5% extra to charge their car up every time because the spark wanted to save a few quid by using the cheapest cable they could get away with.

think you have to dissassociate the earthig from the house and TT the charger. need to have a look at the amendment.
something like that - I was refraining from commenting on the contents as I've only skimmed it, and made a mental note to read it in detail if / when someone asks us to install one.

Very true, thankyou Snowhead for your link, very handy tool. And I think this thread is going very ---- now, to suggest that most circuits installed aren't common cable sizes/breaker sizes is ridiculous.Take that how you want to.
these types of comments are tedious son...

i mean do you even have BS7671?

its all in there.....go look at it...

I am starting to understand things now, a person comes on here asks a basic question, because I presume they either they don't know the answer or can't be bothered to work it out, then when they get a few responses they don't like, they get the --- on and storm off.
Have I got it about right :rockon:

I am starting to understand things now, a person comes on here asks a basic question, because I presume they either they don't know the answer or can't be bothered to work it out, then when they get a few responses they don't like, they get the --- on and storm off.
Have I got it about right :rockon:

that's the way I see it

I would like to thank you all for your suggestive opinions........many criticizing, some amusing. Lazy is true for asking rather than completing the calculation myself.

Reply to Maximum cable length.........?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net