Currently reading:
New sub board for shed swa advice.

Discuss New sub board for shed swa advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi guys new to the forum after bit of advice. My family are installing a new shed in the garden and require a lot of power ie few sockets, lights. I am planning of running a swa fed from 32a mcb from the main board to a sub board.
Have a question-
Shall I install the new 32a mcb in the main board on the RCD side or main switch side?
Thanks

I'll have to reply again, what I'm saying is it CAN be connected to earth at the far end - as long as it's connected. You're clearly less intelligent than you think you are.
That would make it ‘earthed’ yes.
But then you have an extraneous conductive part in the house that’s not at the same potential as the house. How intelligent does that make you feel?

What’s your area code?
No idea.
My IEE membership card does not have an area code.
If the IET membership card they sent me does, I don’t know, I have just looked in the wallet I use to keep old and unused cards, although it contains my blockbusters card, ITS discount card, walkabout discount card and some others, the IET card is not in there.

No idea.
If the IET membership card they sent me does, I don’t know, I have just looked in the wallet I use to keep old and unused cards, although it contains my blockbusters card, ITS discount card, walkabout discount card and some others, the IET card is not in there.
It’s okay. When I get in the office Monday I will check.

No idea.
It’s okay. When I get in the office Monday I will check for you no problem.

But then you have an extraneous conductive part in the house that’s not at the same potential as the house. How intelligent does that make you feel?

Why would it be at a different potential when it's connected to the cable CPC which is in turn connected to the MET at the house ? Dear me this is so tiresome.

It appears you are 2 digits short of an IET membership number. On your card what is your area number?
Did you mean 2
Wow. I usually go out of a Saturday night to a gig, but there's not one on tonight. I didn't realise how dangerous an existence I have been living in this place full of extraneous parts. Makes the dudes at some of the gigs look positively down to earth. Earth???

Why would it be at a different potential when it's connected to the cable CPC which is in turn connected to the MET at the house ? Dear me this is so tiresome.
So you openly admit to taking the distribution operators provided earth connection outside of the equipotential zone it serves......you should not be giving people advice on a public domain that is clear.

[

So you openly admit to taking the distribution operators provided earth connection outside of the equipotential zone it serves......you should not be giving people advice on a public domain that is clear.

Where did I say [or "admit" in your words] that I've done this ??
I'd say you'd be better off getting back under your bridge, it's getting late.

John Ware (Senior Engineer in the IET’s technical compliance department) wrote an article in Wiring Matters (Autumn 2005) regarding supplying outbuildings.
I suggest you have a read of it: https://electrical.------.org/media...tdoors-a-supply-to-a-detached-outbuilding.pdf
Pretty certain that if there is a prohibition against exporting a PME earth, he would not advise doing so.

I admit it, I've taken those earth's out of their zones, into the oblivion of sheds and summerhouses and.....other places. I don't know what became of them, and I might live to regret it. I'm not going to stop in of a sat'dy night again if this is what it's like.

^^ so either you have done this or promote this, we are discussing supplying a ‘shed’. Or you are the troll and might I add, a very weak one.

If anyone can think of any other use for an SWA gland other than being on the end of an SWA cable then please feel free to share your stupidity with all.
easy. you can fix the gland onto a nice hardwood box, stick a candle in the top and have a nice table lamp. alternatively, you can shove it up a kitchen fitter's arse.

that 2 alternative uses.

Yes, I have connected loads of sheds and suchlike to the DNO provided earth. Why wouldn't you? What would you do, provide them with a substandard TT system when there is no need? Do you actually operate in the real world out there or are you just a pencil squeezer?

^^ so either you have done this or promote this, we are discussing supplying a ‘shed’. Or you are the troll and might I add, a very weak one.

I'm certainly not one of those, I think people can make their own minds up on who could well be though. How about a weatherproof socket fixed externally back to back with an indoor one. Should this have a seperate earth rod too ? :rolleyes: I very much doubt that you have very much practical experience, if any at all.

Reply to New sub board for shed swa advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock