Discuss New sub board for shed swa advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

That DOES NOT answer my question, the question that has haunted this thread for pages

Please answer my question ......
That is the answer......134.1.1 and you don’t understand because you have’nt got enough experience or training. There’s only 2 places I can name where you insulate SWA from connection.

Using VSD’s
And leaving equipotential zones.

Sorry mate, but you have now gone beyond my simple mind. I've read the references you've kindly provided and I can't see a problem using an already in place TNCS/PME DNO cutout to supply the shed. No going to jail that I can see, provided it's done in accord with our usual BS7671. What have I missed ?
That ‘given earth’ is for ‘that equipotential zone’

You won’t understand because you can’t grasp the importance of an equipotential zone on a tncs supply. So I 100% know you will never understand. So will stop there with you.

The question was and still is WHERE DOES IT STATE THAT THE ARMOUR MUST BE CONNECTED TO EARTH AT THE SUPPLY END
Because it is in the HOUSE and running through the fabric of the HOUSE and in the HOUSE equipotential zone...because it’s an extraneous conductive part.....and not with a strap but with an SWA gland 134.1.1

The thing about Bigbob1 and his arguments, is that they are not based in fact and he cannot back up anything he states.
If a law of physics prevents us from doing something, permission from the DNO will not suddenly allow us to do it.
GN5 (although my copy is from 2004) makes no mention of us not being allowed to export any earthing system.
Same applies to ESQCR and EAWR.
In fact, ESQCR requires the DNO to allow me to export the earthing system, the only reasons they can refuse is if the installation does not comply with BS7671, is unsafe or if it might cause a disruption in network supply.

Because it is in the HOUSE and running through the fabric of the HOUSE and in the HOUSE equipotential zone...because it’s an extraneous conductive part.....and not with a strap but with an SWA gland 134.1.1

Look you clearly don't seem to realise [or care] that there are many well qualified,highly experienced and dedicated professional electricians on this forum. Nowhere has it been suggested using a strap instead of an SWA gland, although this was common practice for many years and I'd imagine considered acceptable at one time. Of course the armour must be connected to earth, you do realise that we're talking about situations where a seperate CPC is used within the cable ? But I still say that it doesn't state anywhere that the armouring MUST be earthed at the supply end. I've had enough of this nonsense now and won't post any more on this thread.

Anyway where is this place we are exporting things to? Will we be able to export them when we leave the EU? Arghhhhhh..........
Or did you mean extending??

Look you clearly don't seem to realise [or care] that there are many well qualified,highly experienced and dedicated professional electricians on this forum. Nowhere has it been suggested using a strap instead of an SWA gland, although this was common practice for many years and I'd imagine considered acceptable at one time. Of course the armour must be connected to earth, you do realise that we're talking about situations where a seperate CPC is used within the cable ? But I still say that it doesn't state anywhere that the armouring MUST be earthed at the supply end. I've had enough of this nonsense now and won't post any more on this thread.
An extraneous conductive part in a house doesn’t need bonding to earth.......kind of invalidated most of your last and final comment.

I'll have to reply again, what I'm saying is it CAN be connected to earth at the far end - as long as it's connected. You're clearly less intelligent than you think you are.

Reply to New sub board for shed swa advice. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net