Discuss New tool bag time, any recommendations? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

WillWX

-
Reaction score
My CK tool bag/tote is literally falling apart and has only lasted a year, strap snapped countless times, pockets Velcro tears off when opening pockets, bits fall off. Shocking quality, my first B&Q bag lasted longer ha.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a new one?

I like the look of Knipex, are they worth the money?

Thanks guys :)

I'd like to recommend my Facom tool tote as it is a brilliant bag for organisation and storage, but one of the side rails snapped after 14 months. Still love using it though.

what about this little beauty then.
upload_2018-1-9_20-25-2.png

I’ve had an Irwin toolbag for the last 5 years, still going strong although a bit grubby now. I was looking online for a replacement and I can’t believe how much prices have gone up! I’m sure it only cost about £15 back then!

I bought a couple in the December sales, nothing fancy but at the price I guessed if they last a couple of years then that's ok.
Stanley FatMax Hard Base Tool Bag - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-fatmax-hard-base-tool-bag/76628 got this at £19.99

and this one, not from S/f but from b&q, at £9
Stanley 16 - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/stanley-16-open-mouth-tool-bag/55177

probably would've shopped around but at these prices...

My CK tool bag/tote is literally falling apart and has only lasted a year, strap snapped countless times, pockets Velcro tears off when opening pockets, bits fall off. Shocking quality, my first B&Q bag lasted longer ha.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a new one?

I like the look of Knipex, are they worth the money?

Thanks guys :)

What sort of areas do you work in?

If you work on new builds or other building sites, I'd prefer a tool box to be honest. When I was on the tools doing telecoms work, I tried an open tote but found that tools went walk about too often.

I have an old BT cantilever plastic box that is ok, and also a traditional 5 compartment cantilever metal box which while a little on the little heavy side, is bomb proof, offers good organisation, and will probably out last me.... If I were using it regularly on a commercial basis, I'd bolt on a couple of eyes so I could clip on a shoulder strap...

Totally agree. Might give one a go when my Fatmax tote bites the bullet. I'm just scared of spending that much money and then finding out it just doesn't quite work for me :)
Thats a good point and I felt the same. Its a lot of money and if you dont like it... arghhh! But.... you will like, so buy it.:)

I'm currently rocking a new bag for all my testing kit. £13 from Homebase in the sale :D

All my Veto lust disappears when a bargain pops up.

2018-01-10 12.03.33.jpg

2018-01-10 12.02.58.jpg

Reply to New tool bag time, any recommendations? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net