Discuss new van? estate or Navara? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

PEM

My old estates on its last legs. Thinking of replacing it but don't really want a van, just encourage me to carry more cr*p around.

Quite like the look of the Nissan Navara.

Any of you guys had a Navara? Rate them had problems??

Cheers

Have had a navara as a company car for the last year or so and love it. The one I have has all the toys and is automatic and is a beaut to drive. The only drawback would be the fuel consumption I average about 26 mpg but then again I don't have to pay for it.

from a mechanics point of view, navaras are terrible. very soft.especially suspension.also electronic problems with 4wd

I had a navara years ago. Nice drive but poor consumption as has been mentioned. I now drive a caddy and save about ÂŁ200pm in fuel. I had a truckman top which made it great for carrying stuff but it was a right pain getting things in and out (well out mainly). Has the advantage of five seats and you can go off roading at weekends

I had one for a couple of years, put 60K on it with no problems apart from a new set of tyres at 40K, only thing to watch out for is the LSD makes hard acceleration on greasy roads "interesting" :D

Cheers guys I like the idea of a truck as opposed to a van just wondering how to keep my tools secure in the back. Are the pull over covers reasonably secure or would you recommend a hard top?

Have the armadillo cover and it is pretty secure and keeps the wet out. Only drawback is that it is a pain when it freezes lol.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 53
good for going onto sites (Navara)with bad surfaces, comfy, but eats fuel.........just like the American ones.....wonder how well one would do on Bio-Diesel if a source can be found....

have noticed a few dodge rams going about with stickers on saying "LPG Converted by" which might make them better to fuel....

Toyota Hilux, again lovely to drive but need a re-mortgage to buy one......

looks like it will be a mix of Astra van and renting a nice pickup as and when needed....

forgot to say...............what's with the "new" ÂŁ900 vehicle excise purchase add-on that was mentioned on the budget shows on TV a few weeks ago......what vehicles does that get added to?

Reply to new van? estate or Navara? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net