Discuss Newbie in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes, but at this stage, I've taken the forums advice, and gone for decent panels. Am down to 24 from 28 of them due to spacing issues, so the cost is nearly the same.

There's always a fly in the ointment! Just been offered ZNShine 250w monos at a price that saves me over £900! Specs on the net don't look bad. Do you guys have any feedback on them.
The panels are ZXM6-60-250/M

Last edited by a moderator:
There's always a fly in the ointment! Just been offered ZNShine 250w monos at a price that saves me over £900! Specs on the net don't look bad. Do you guys have any feedback on them.
The panels are ZXM6-60-250/M

How much have you been offered the ZXM6-60-250/M for per panel excluding VAT?
What is the delivery cost?

toogoodtobetrue.jpg

How To Avoid Buying Counterfeit / Stolen Panels:

http://sunsourcesolarbrokers.com/kn...ar-panels-are-counterfeits-of-the-real-thing/

"If you’re a real “do it yourselfer”, then beware of the risk of buying stolen solar panels or knock-offs second hand from a private seller. Again, you will want to right down the serial numbers and model numbers of any secondary market purchase you’re about to make to assure they are not reported as stolen. You’re not only protecting yourself from a pseudo-fake-counterfeit panel, but also from a possible arrest for buying stolen goods or merchandise."

Last edited:
as has been said on here a number of times before posting trade prices on a public forum is not very helpful to those of us trying to make a living out there

Hi I'm new on here too. Any one any advice on becoming an installer for PV panels? can you still use your own install as evidence for the assessment and any ideas of costs?

Just been reading this forum and found this
"I did fit my fire, then I had a qualified person come in and do the pipe work to it so I knew it was safe".
Just let us know your Gas safe "qualified person" number and we'll report him for contravening the gas regs. It's not allowed for a reason and it's the same as electrical work. Many people don't understand the problems that they can introduce by even doing "small electrical work" All electrical work has to be certificated for a reason and if you are an engineer you would understand the reasons why... Many people have tried to help here and all I can advise is that they shouldn't give advice to unqualified people. Many fatalities are caused by unqualified people, be sensible and get quotes from professional installers.

Read more: http://www.electriciansforums.net/p...nergy-forum/69634-newbie-3.html#ixzz2MHa2LwtI

Why would you ever think that you are qualified to hang a fire? are you Gas Safe registered? are you at least Part P qualified?
I guess I know the answer from your attitude. People have been trying to help you here, their intentions are good, your intentions seem rather dangerous.

Thanks moggy1968 I've heard many horror stories but little concrete stuff, you need this and this and I keep getting offers NICEIC etc. for training and I'm wondering if it's worth the cost.

"Whatever you do, dont learn to think for yourself, don't attempt tasks to gain skills, always be reliant on professional tradesman".
"Dont get a job if it doesnt pay enough, go on benefits, get pregnant, apply for local housing etc ".
I hate "dumbing downers".
They are lazy, unprogressive thinkers who seek to enslave us all, inpreference to create.
Professional tradesman aren't born, they are made and where do they come from?
They come from people that educate themselves from a multitude of schools, people and sources.
People that try to complete tasks and gain knowledge / experience along the way.
In preference to those "dumbing downers" who create rules, tell people how to behave, who have little concept of how to do anything.
The more society is dumbed down the less skills and common sense everyone will have.
Professional tradesman evolve from children whom attempt to try things, to learn, to develop their lives for a better future.
If we teach our kids to never try to do anything the professional tradesman pool will shrink to everyones detriment.

Last edited:
Search this forum for becoming MCS Certified, there is lost of information out there, it's not quite as expensive as it was, it will likely still cost you 5 figures (>£10k) when you take ALL the costs into account.

Reply to Newbie in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net